Re: Fix the trade depot

by andedrunkard

Original Post

Re: Is the global market experience supposed to suck?

★★★ Newbie
Weird- I have no problem selling stuff- when I do the free advertise my stuff is sold normally within 5 minutes-
Message 191 of 275 (933 Views)

Re: Is the global market experience supposed to suck?

★★★ Newbie
Why wouldn't u advertise when it's free? Yeah u can do it free only 1 at a time and then have a to wait a few minutes before another free- but then ur item sells within 5 minutes normally- plus many of my non advertised items sell to if people come for the advertised and see that-

If u don't advertise it I didn't think it showed up in the global marketplace- so unless ur friends came to ur city no one would even know u have it available for sale!
Message 192 of 275 (931 Views)

Re: Global Trade Market...questions...concerns...complants!!!

★★ Novice
Either you stop been greedy or you loose your players
Message 193 of 275 (765 Views)

★★ Novice
They know this issue from the start. Simple. They don't want to fix it.
Message 194 of 275 (762 Views)

Re: EA - Please allow players to remove Trade Depot sales

★★★ Newbie
Yep, good one.
Message 195 of 275 (690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I will leave this game , if the problem can not be solved .... I stat felling this is a foolish game and waste my. Time....
Message 196 of 275 (641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How about turning the trade depot into an auction house? It could work like this:

1. You search for the item you are looking to buy (type it in, select from a list, etc)

2. It shows you how many of that item are currently being offered up for sale.  (Lets say 500 nails are currently for sale on the market)

3. A 30 second auction runs.   You place a bid and whoever bids the highest in the next 30 seconds wins the item(s).  You are bidding a § amount on a quantity of the item. You bid against other players desiring the same quantity (lot size).  For example: You bid §40 for 10 Nails, any other player looking to buy 10 Nails at that time places their bid. If in the next 30 seconds your §40 is the highest, you win. If another player bids §50, they win.  There should be a cap on the lot size to keep it simple, (ie. You can't bid on more than 10 of an item at a time.)  As for the sellers, items are put up for sale in the order they were posted.

Now that they sold, there are only 490 Nails on the market until someone posts more up for sale.  As the quantity available of a particular item diminishes the bids will increase naturally.  Supply and demand.  A minimum (starting bid) should be determined for each item (to protect the seller)  Maybe base it on averge price paid?  

Right now the trade depot is terrible.  It is almost impossible to buy anything.  Items are almost always already sold out by the time you click on it and you are taken to that players depot.   Also, as for the sellers, there is no reason to sell an item below the maximum price.   

Message 197 of 275 (623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Hi all, I wondered why there were so many people saying things were sold in hq when they get to a city, as for me since the last update I was seeing no such problem. Question, are you using WiFi connection.? Reason I ask is today I'm not on WiFi and I get this issue everytime I get into a city... I think reason I never seen before is due to being in WiFi and a super fast fibre optic broadband.
Message 198 of 275 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Absolute garbage, to the point that i feel like giving up. Allow us to filter our search. This new 30 second delay is more of a pissoff for * that im not looking for.
Message 199 of 275 (567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

+1 for this complaint.  I am leaving the game because it is impossible to expand land and upgrade storage due to the number of items you need.  Impossible to purchase the number of items in global market as they are usually sold when you visit.  Mandatory to have a search function, waiting list or auction...

EA - SORT IT OUT.

Message 200 of 275 (762 Views)