Global Trade HQ Re-Design!

by K1nG_CL1pZ-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Global Trade HQ Re-Design!

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I just had a great idea for the Global Trade HQ. Such as re-designing it. Maybe you could add a search bar and list all of the SimCity items for a person to search. So that they could finally search up the thing they were looking for. Because not all cities are listed, and not all cities have what I'm looking for. Sometimes, the cities that aren’t listed in the “trade bar” could have what I’m looking for. Just an idea. Sounds cool anyway, right? :D Such an advantage for both ends of the rope!

Message 1 of 13 (1,626 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Global Trade HQ Re-Design!

★★★★ Guide

@K1nG_CL1pZ-  Hello! Welcome to the forum. 

Search function would make it even harder to get what you are looking for. Everyone wants the same stuff, storage items and land expansions etc. The total amount they will be posted in GTHQ won’t increase, so if everyone search for the same items, the competition will be even higher.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (1,594 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

@K1nG_CL1pZ-  Hello! Welcome to the forum. 

Search function would make it even harder to get what you are looking for. Everyone wants the same stuff, storage items and land expansions etc. The total amount they will be posted in GTHQ won’t increase, so if everyone search for the same items, the competition will be even higher.

Message 2 of 13 (1,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SummitVista3310 Ah, so that's the disadvantage. For some reason, I felt like it wasn't a good idea, for that reason only. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Message 3 of 13 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SummitVista3310 Well put, btw.
Message 4 of 13 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SummitVista3310 But, it would be time-saving, tho.
Message 5 of 13 (1,546 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@K1nG_CL1pZ-  The searching option may be handy, but I doubt it’d be easier to find rare items. It’d be “first come, first served” anyway. And probably you wouldn’t search items that are already flood at GTHQ like sugar&spices or metals.  

Your city level already reached to 18? If so, I suggest you to join an active and helpful mayo’s club. Our club always fill up our depot for teammates. Exchange storage/land expansions to help each other to upgrade/expand. 

Good luck and happy building Standard smile 

Message 6 of 13 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SummitVista3310 Thanks! And also, for the flood items, that's why I was gonna suggest you do pages of items. (Ex. Page 1/12) Or just limit visible cities to 10-20 altogether.
Message 7 of 13 (1,532 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@K1nG_CL1pZ-  Hope the GTHQ will be improved in the future update!  

Message 8 of 13 (1,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SummitVista3310
Okay. And if the trading system will have the form of exchange trading, using the "glass of prices"?
That is, the trade will have a real-time view and the one who offers the best buy/sell price will make a profit.
I also wonder what will happen if you do not limit the maximum price of goods? After all, no one canceled the production. Then the priority will be transferred to its own resources and the price in the market will not be sky-high.
Message 9 of 13 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SummitVista3310 except that that's not entirely accurate, there are sometimes when you need a corn. And those wouldn't be being searched for by everyone. Further supply and demand shows that if people are looking for specific items or lots of people are looking for specific items more people would produce those items in order to sell them.
Message 10 of 13 (138 Views)