Re: Global Market only Shows Donuts, Batteries, Detonators, and Watches

by __OIIIlO__

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
Stealing was an inaccurate choice of words (perhaps). Perhaps "unjust", "unreasonable" or "mischaracterized" are more applicable words. Anyone who likes the Global Market will likely not choose to objectively see this point, but I will try and explain: Making in-app purchases is an investment in the game. When one makes an investment, choices are made based on expectations. It is not a reasonable expectation that a core pillar of a game will be changed once released. Therefore, whether intentional or not, there was a deceptive effect when offering in-app purchases for something that would later change. For example, the monolith of in-app sales is seen in Clash of Clans. Suppose Clash of Clans sold someone diamonds / gems to use in the battle game, but thereafter, the Clash of Clans makers changed the game so that to expand, instead of winning battles, you advanced in the game by planting pink daisies. The player who purchased in-app gems to use in advancing his or her battle success would feel disenfranchised or taken advantage of by such an alteration in game play. I acknowledge, EA is in a difficult spot. However, there are fundamental online expectations. EA would not change the war zone settings in Battlefield to riding rides in Disneyworld. Even if it made the game function better, that would fundamentally change what purchasers expected when making purchases. I belabor imperfect analogies, but the point is at least made.
Message 31 of 85 (4,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I need to expand but if the items I need are never on sale how am I supposed to do this.  All I can see in Trade HQ is doughnuts and batteries. The dozer blades and exhausts appear very occasionally but only when my storage is full so I can't buy them anyway. Is this a flaw or programmed like that on purpose. Trade HQ is pointless.  Very annoying how long it takes to get to a sale item which then disappears before you can buy it. Should be able to select more than one item at each visit.

Message 32 of 85 (4,324 Views)

★ Guide
Deb u r wrong. items don't disappear anymore. check my guide about farming the market but basically u click on items even if it's not the he one u want. chances r the mayor might have the items u want.
Message 33 of 85 (4,323 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think that what we are seeing is that the game is showing us primarily items that are being sold by other players who are at our same level.  I just went up a level and found that my Global HQ was full of the new items, which it hadn't been before I went up that level.

I've had the best luck by clicking on items similar to what I want.  Often, people post an item and advertise the sale, then start adding similar items for sale that they don't advertise because they are waiting the five minutes.  I keep refreshing the trade depot to see if the item I want will come up.  This method works more than repeated trips to the Global HQ!

Message 34 of 85 (4,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
That is a reasonable sounding explanation, actually. If true, it is too bad. It a disincentive to strive for higher accomplishments.
Message 35 of 85 (4,281 Views)

★ Novice
I have noticed that I only get vu items now when I click on the blue bubbles. I have so many of the darn things it's hard to not put them in the market. I know they won't sell except to Daniel and that takes days. Instead they take up storage space. But I have not gotten expansion items in two days and I need to expand! Since it's only donuts and watches and vu items in global market I am at a stand still in the game. I can only make items and upgrade my buildings now. And that will bore me quick.
Message 36 of 85 (4,272 Views)

★★ Novice
I get the impression that the developers are deliberately making the items scarce or unavailable to force you to pay?
Message 37 of 85 (4,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having a problem selling anything, then I followed a recipe from another player and it works again.  Now all I see is donuts and vu stuff, just like others have said.  If that is all there is, then why did I find a load of tractor blades when I accidentally clicked on a donut?   There has been a change...

Message 38 of 85 (4,201 Views)

★ Apprentice
So close to finishing expansions. Now it's gonna take me forever.
Message 39 of 85 (4,198 Views)

★ Novice
Slowly.....losing.......interest.........
Why would the developers just stymie our interests? Even if we pay for more simcash but can't buy anything, what is the point?
Message 40 of 85 (4,183 Views)