Re: Game crashes when watching video

by menondav

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes when watching video

★★ Newbie

Whenever I watch a video, it starts off OK, then after ten seconds, the game crashes and I don't get my rewards, which include golden keys. Please fix this! It is so frustrating that I can't get Golden Keys unless I send shipments!

Message 1 of 8 (4,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I found out the cause of the problem in my case, I have developer options turned on in my phone and the option "Do not keep activities" was turned on meaning that as soon as it left any app it turned it completely off. Turned the option off and everything works ok again :-)

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (4,962 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Aynonimus,

Sorry to hear the game is crashing on you when you watch videos. It doesn't seem to be a very common problem so I would recommend to troubleshoot the issue as it may be something preventable. The following steps should help: Basic steps for SimCity BuildIt.

If the issue persists, do not hesitate to come back with more details about your device and your network and we'll look into the issue further.

Message 2 of 8 (4,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine does too after the last update but I only see about one second of the video then the screen goes blank and the game restarts showing both loading screens before resuming.

Message 3 of 8 (3,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually, the game crashes and restarts straight away when I click the play video button, momentarily showing the blue startup screen, then the video plays for a second then the publisher screen then the loading progress screen.

Message 4 of 8 (3,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Same here... I can no longer watch videos. 1 second, and then everything freezes

Update : it only happens for the movie 'it all began with the opening of a sealed box'
Message 5 of 8 (3,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I found out the cause of the problem in my case, I have developer options turned on in my phone and the option "Do not keep activities" was turned on meaning that as soon as it left any app it turned it completely off. Turned the option off and everything works ok again :-)

Message 6 of 8 (4,963 Views)

★★ Novice

I am playing on my PC with Blue Stacks and I get the same issue. When I click on "Watch Video" the game will initiate the command, show the loading screen then reboot or crash. This happens about 80% of the time.

Message 7 of 8 (3,836 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THANKYOU!! ITS WORKING

Message 8 of 8 (3,402 Views)