Re: Game crashes on startup

by MFK1510

Original Post

Game crashes on startup

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have an IPAD 4 with IOS 10.3.3.  Tried everything. I even erased all content and settings on the IPAD and reloaded SimCity Buildit.  The game is saved in Game Center.  The game works fine on Iphone but crashes in the IPAD. Don't know what else to do. It only happens with the game.  All other apps work fine.

Message 1 of 11 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem with me too. I have an iPad Air. Game keeps crashing when logging into old city. Force closes every time trying to start up. I have restarted my iPad, updated my iPad software, deleted and reinstalled the app and nothing works. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Novice

I guess we'll have to wait for someone from EA to give us a solution.

Message 3 of 11 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SimCity has just crashed after unlocking the 2 nd region except the starter region, i just unlocked the winter region yesterday and the app kept crashing at the start-up load-in process of the application, and this is straight up pissing me off, and yet i was gonna start a SimCity stream series on my Youtube channel, I REALLY hope you guys WILL fix this issue at ASAP speed, or else players WILL uninstall the application. Here is my biggest TIP to you EA, MAKE IT QUICK

Message 4 of 11 (1,289 Views)

★★ Novice
I am on an iPad air2 and I have the same issue
Message 5 of 11 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Novice

The SimCity upgrade EA put today fixed all my issues. Thx.

Message 6 of 11 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
What update? Because mines is still not working. 😔
Message 7 of 11 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven’t seen any update yet either 

Message 8 of 11 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update came out yesterday, April 4. It's version 1.27.6

it worked well at the beginning, but unfortunately the game crashed again.

Message 9 of 11 (1,137 Views)

EA app Team
It sounds like the issue in your case might be different, @MFK1510 - your game started crashing before the update 1.27.4.

For everyone else, please, download the update and let us know here if you are still finding any issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Support/Game-crashing-after-update-1-27-4/m-p/7769845#M131...

@MFK1510 - did you notice any changes before/after 1.27.6 update (once the game started crashing again)? Does it still happen when you try to load the game, or when doing something different?
Message 10 of 11 (1,127 Views)