Game constantly crashing

by smallquoll

Original Post

Re: Game constantly crashing

★★★ Newbie

I am a loyal fan of the game that I have been playing this game since it's first released (with the old name) that I'm now playing it on Android (Samsung tablet), iOS (Ipad mini tablet) & Windows 10 (on BlueStacks). I am right now on game 303 that I have just 2 more to finish the current release (this will be my 3rd time that I finish all the games in the latest release and waiting for the new releases).

The game constantly crashing problem happened since around after the 2nd game release and it is still constantly happening (on all the above platforms I have been playing on).

Since I used to be a software engineer, can I throw you an educated guess that the game might have some 'memory leak' issues hidden in the code? As the game can crash anywhere it likes and not predictable & very intermittent. The only explanation I can think of is whenever the requests for more memory add up while the claimed memories are never released, the next memory request will fail as the game never frees up memory and so no more memory is available to be claimed which causes the software to crash upon failure of obtaining any more memories. At the same time, either the code is not written well enough to do exceptional handling or exceptional handling is not there at all, that the software fails to give the user any error warning before it crashes.

I hope the above information is helpful for your debugging. Thanks so much as I truly enjoy the game so much but I'm really frustrated by all the sudden game crashing without any advance notice or warning. :-P

Message 11 of 11 (413 Views)