Re: Game Crashing When Switching Between Main City And New Region

by SimCityAbdul

Original Post

Game Crashing When Switching Between Main City And New Region

★★★★★ Novice

When my game starts it's always on the new region, even if I've closed out in my main city. When I try to go from the region to my city it crashes. Every. Time!! It has made my game unplayable because I can't get to my main city to build the stuff needed to upgrade the region. I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into this game. Now you make a totally useless, nonsensical update and it's all broken. There better be a fix for this!!! 

Message 1 of 7 (1,325 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hello.

Hve you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it? This works most of the time.

Try it,
@SimCityAbdul
Message 2 of 7 (1,310 Views)

★ Expert

I have stayed quiet by design on this issue except for sharing with my friend Roco my observation as someone that updated the app but did not unlock a region - but now I make one simple personal plea to EA, please put a moratorium on this update and allow folks to revert back to the prior level if they choose.

I am most fortunate to know this young lady as a “neighbor” in our mayor’s club, a great teammate and most importantly a valued friend...she represents what you want in a player and a customer...and honestly she (nor anyone else) deserves to go through this.

This update, while addressing customer requests for more land was launched too soon and needs some serious attention which will take time. You have a tremendous opportunity to build some good faith, please do the right thing.

Thanks,

Pinn

Message 3 of 7 (1,294 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You can but you have to restart your whole city. It will keep saying to update the game. (This is for Android)
Message 4 of 7 (1,261 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm experiencing this also.  And now have trouble opening the app.  Also it's not saving things I've done Frown

Message 5 of 7 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve done that twice.  Still having the same problem.  Plus it’s a horrible workaround.

Message 6 of 7 (997 Views)

★★ Novice

I now keep crashing when I'm just in my original city only.  And progress then isn't saved Frown

Message 7 of 7 (982 Views)