Re: Every time I log in I seam to have a request for road upgrades 😁

by glenzilly

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm seeing the same thing.  I think a part of it is actually the changes in the way population boosts are calculated for some of the services.  Entertainment, gambling, and landmarks all used to cap at 100% for the 3 combined.  Seems this cap is different now, and I had some services that weren't giving me their full potential prior to the update.  In addition to the roads needing a lot of work, I've also noticed a big jump in population.

That said, it's been frustrating and I'm wondering when it will end.  I haven't been able to come up with any extra simoleans to upgrade Dr. Vu's tower with all of the expenses from the roads.  As a side note, I've got mixed feelings about only having a chance at keys with disasters.  I've repaired around 10 buildings and I don't think I've gotten a single key yet. Frown

Message 11 of 15 (673 Views)

★★ Apprentice
"To introduce new levels of fun, visible activity in your city we've been developing the road networks. There are 3 additional road levels now available in SimCity BuildIt."

A very misleading statement. It implies that these roads are optional. Wrong. These roads will now result in you having to spend hundreds of thousands of simoleans to upgrade six lane roads that were just fine before this "upgrade". Somehow, I struggle to understand how this improves the game. EA is effectively confiscating hundreds of thousands of simoleans from each player. Not happy at all about this.
Message 12 of 15 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Somewhat new to this game, mostly been playing it as a secondary thing to FIFA Ultimate Team for about a month now. I started during the time the FUT market was down on iOS.

I did quickly realize that leveling up in this game was a bad idea so I have stayed at level 18 for a long time while I earn coins, complete shipments, and earn keys. I will build and buy everything important and available at this level then store up a lot of additional coins before I contemplate moving on to level 19. I do seem to usually get a key with the Vu challenge although sometimes it is only 500 coins. I have not done any upgrades to the tower though and only do the level one meteor strike.

That being said once you get to a certain point in this game earning simoleons is very easy but there is not much you can do with them. The Global Market is impossible due to the price caps. Anything good is insta bought and now the market is completely flooded with Vu items. So I think EA have decided to suck a lot of excess coins out of the market with these new requirements for roads and the Vu tower in the hopes it will lower the Simoleon level so the market floats within the price ranges rather than everything selling instantly at max price.

As for paying money for this game the most I would contemplate spending on an iPad game is $20. Yet when you work out the math $20 would not bring hardly any benefit.

Message 13 of 15 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Frankly I really wish the pricing model was like the old days. Let us play the game to level 5 or so as a demo and then require us to pay $20 if we want to continue on. This making the game a complete pain unless you buy IAP is a big turnoff from me. I would never buy in app purchases unless I was getting an appropriate amount of value in return.

Message 14 of 15 (567 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Dont upgrade, just turn building on the corners to the other side. I dont upgrade the roads.
But since the last update the game is totally ruined.
Message 15 of 15 (501 Views)