Re: Elevated Promenade

by AndreaTG2

Original Post

Elevated Promenade

★★★★ Novice

The Elevated Promenade & Modern Greenway cannot be built over a streetcar or mag-lev road. The items are purchased with sim cash which requires real money to buy, but there is no information provided in advance that they are completely useless if you have streetcar or mag-lev roads! Total rip-off! We’ve been sold items that don’t work! They need to be fixed so that they can be built over streetcar roads and mag-lev roads or reimburse for all them!

Message 1 of 12 (2,280 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @AndreaTG2 - The best thing to do is to file a ticket with the SimCity BuildIt team & explain your position. They would be the ones who have control over what the listing says for each item.

To contact the SimCity BuildIt team in game: Tap the Settings icon (wrench and screwdriver) > Help > Contact Us

Or Submit a Request using the web form: https://simcity-buildit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 2 of 12 (2,236 Views)

★ Expert

@AndreaTG2  Both the Elevated Promenade & Modern Greenway are designed to be placed over water or land but not over roads...they are not bridges. I believe they require road connection - give it a try and see if it works. Good luck.

Message 3 of 12 (2,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry that’s not correct. They are specifically intended to cross roads, not water.I currently have them crossing roads that are not streetcar roadways.

Message 4 of 12 (2,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks already done so. Thought there may be others who would want to know about limitations of promenade & greenway. Disappointing to not realize vision of city. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,186 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 6 of 12 (2,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks haven’t tried over water, I’ll have to check it out, Although I can’t see how it would connect to road for access if it crosses water. I thought they were only for crossing roadway as that’s how I’ve been using them as they don’t butt-up to road but cross perpendicular. Requires an empty space on one side of road. The message I got was same for both, when trying to place over streetcar road, won’t cross high Street lights. Won’t let me upgrade to streetcar when promenade or greenway present. 

Sorry you were right, I was wrong, it can also be built over water, someone else experimented. Although I can’t see how it would connect to road for access if it crosses water. I thought they were only for crossing roadway as that’s how I’ve been using them as they don’t butt-up to road but cross perpendicular. Requires an empty space on one side of road. The message I got was same for both, when trying to place over streetcar road, won’t cross high Street lights. Won’t let me upgrade to streetcar when promenade or greenway present.

Ok so I experimented as well & I can butt it up to road when it’s crossing water, but it won’t connect at opposite end, connects on one end only, so you can’t use it like a bridge except to another landscape item that doesn’t require road connection such as a campsite.

[Admin - merged consecutive posts together. If you want to update one of your posts with new details there is an "Edit Reply" option you can access by clicking the three dots to the right of your post.]

Message 7 of 12 (2,120 Views)

★ Expert

@roccodonovan8  Thanks for the clarification, I was incorrect as related to going over the road...I stored a couple of items and gave it a try and it works just as you shared. I have several (both modern greenway and promenade) strategically placed over water to maximize the landscape benefit. Thanks for sharing my friend, I’ll pass it along to our club members.

@AndreaTG2  I apologize for misleading you on the roads, I was mistaken. As far as connecting promenades, I have 2 linked together over water with one connected to a road and the other end connected to the Sims Music Festival.

Message 8 of 12 (2,077 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AndreaTG2 - From the description here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/simcity/simcity-buildit/roads-in-simcity-buildit/ Greenways work like bridges, except they can be built over dry land. The Promenade is a landscape item. Here's a pretty neat usage that I found on a Google search: https://i.redd.it/ah6zmbn3bmm41.jpg

Message 9 of 12 (2,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No apologies necessary, didn’t feel misled, learning. My city covers mAjority of play area in 4 regions & capital, reconfigurations would be impossible, I had envisioned pedestrian walkways, The Omega skywalks are cool, wanted to mirror at ground level, connecting neighborhoods. Cat

Message 10 of 12 (2,066 Views)