Re: Disappearing Sim Cash

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

Disappearing Sim Cash

★★ Novice

Sometime over the past 24hrs about 1000 in simcash has disappeared. Is anyone else having an issue?

Message 1 of 13 (6,525 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @ap1brian,

Were you playing online or offline? 

Message 2 of 13 (6,492 Views)

★★ Novice

It is very rare that I play off line. I would go as far to say that unless I've had a momentary glitch in connection that offline play is non existent.  

Message 3 of 13 (6,486 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the confirmation @ap1brian. It's possible to lose progress / currency when playing offline for a while and coming back online as the game synchronizes with the last known save and erases all offline saved data. Unfortunately there is little else we can see here on AHQ  so I would recommend contacting support for further investigation. They will be able to give you more insights and refund the missing currency if necessary. 

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 13 (6,482 Views)

★ Novice

The same exact thing happened to me:  2 days ago, and 1000 sim cash. I got a canned response saying i kust have been offline or purchased something.  I did not.  They credited me 125, which is simply unacceptable.  I spent real $$$, so that will not do.  Tthis has happened ro others, and that there is a pattern, is disturbing.  I intend to obtain a refund or take other action.

Message 5 of 13 (6,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, this happened to me also, over $1000 in Simcash just gone, took me over 6 months to save that amount, when I contacted support, Mohd said I have spent it in-game and that support can't/ won't help. As I haven't gained anything to that amount in-game, it's obvious there's a bug that support can't find. Very disappointing!

Message 6 of 13 (5,447 Views)

★ Expert

@N0Wayyyyyyyy  My best guess is that you inadvertently hit the button to purchase 68,000 simoleons for 1,000 simcash which has happened to many folks in this game...apparently there is no confirm button which is just plain wrong. The answer you received is similar to what others have shared...my friend @roccodonovan8 shared the most insightful information on this topic (unfortunately I can’t put my hands on it at the moment) but perhaps when he’s back he can share.

I recognize your warranted frustration and I would continue communicating with technical support on the matter, if what I shared is correct spell it out specifically as sometimes interpretation of what is being asked can be confusing. Good luck.

Message 7 of 13 (5,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PinnacleValley Well it just happened again for a third time. First time $1000, then $300, then another $1000. Some crap scam. Really disappointed in the lack of integrity of the coders for this game.
Message 8 of 13 (4,941 Views)

★ Expert

@N0Wayyyyyyyy I’m sorry to hear it happened again. I share in your disappointment as I have seen this happen multiple times to many folks...it should have been fixed immediately when it was first reported. It’s shameful.

Message 9 of 13 (4,914 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem over a year ago. I contacted support, because I did not know where my sim-cache had gone. It turned out I accidentally clicked on the exchange.
I asked to convey to the developers a request to enter a confirmation of the exchange of large amounts of sim-cash. Or make a reverse exchange of simoleons for a sim-cache.
It's sad that during all this time, no update has provided such an opportunity.
Many players have this problem. Is it really that difficult to solve?

Message 10 of 13 (4,865 Views)