Deleting SimCity BuildIt from facebook and google play

by RENERECHE

Original Post

Deleting SimCity BuildIt from facebook and google play

★★★ Newbie

Hi Everyone,

After a couple of days I start understanding the game more and more. So I started a new game. When I want to connect with facebook and google play the app says I allready have an account of SimCity BuildIt on both platforms. That is correct because I allready connected with it (with my old game). But the only option I get is: or play on local device or switch to the account that is connected with facebook / google play account. I don't want to switch, I just want my newest game (local) connect with facebook and google play and delete the old one.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Message 1 of 9 (17,902 Views)

Re : Deleting SimCity BuildIt from facebook and google play

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @RENERECHE,

As explained in the FAQ a saved city is for keeps. If you prefer to save your newly (and locally saved) city you would need to create a new Facebook or Google account. The simplest solution is to bulldoze your existing buildings and to re-draw your roads.

Message 2 of 9 (17,862 Views)

Re : Deleting SimCity BuildIt from facebook and google play

★★★ Newbie

That's rediculous and not customer friendly. Offcourse the majority of players are not going to make a new Google Play or Facebook account just for a game. So you suggest that my local level 34 game should be replaced with an facebook/google account level 11 and start all over again?

Common you programmers should fix this that you can delete your account/connection via the game.

Message 3 of 9 (17,850 Views)

Re: Re : Deleting SimCity BuildIt from facebook and google play

★★★★★ Novice

Frustrating, right? Still not a word from the developers... this is just nonsense.

Message 4 of 9 (17,080 Views)

★ Novice

Could you get back to us with a more logical solution please?
No one in their right mind would do what you suggest. I'll be friendly and say please take this seriously.

If you don't have a proper solution because the devs didn't cover this, then say so and tell us you're on it. We weren't born yesterday.

Most people use game #1 as a learning phase and game #2 as a more long-term round. Logic.

So... How do we delete our Facebook and GooglePlay saves? I've tried removing the app from FB, it doesn't wipe the link. Trying to relog brings that old save back.

Awaiting your findings please.

Message 5 of 9 (12,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Or at least make it in list format.  If we can't delete the original,  at least allow us to save multiple or up to 3 cities...  I had my original that I saved to Facebook which is a level  35, I started a new one, wanting to experiment with a new layout, but I paid a lot of money into that city. Its now a level 30.  So now I have to choose between the 2 or lose my expensive one...?   If you made it so we could switch back n forth or choose, that would be awesome.  

Message 6 of 9 (9,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly people starts the game with account leant that game, delete their account and start again that's how normally everyone's playing. Now I'm waiting for 4-5 years for this feature still no reply 

Message 7 of 9 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Have you tried to use the “Delete City” button?

E9BDEF6B-7DF2-4B03-AB0C-AB07108C33AD.jpeg

Message 8 of 9 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

That worked for me. I was able to delete an old city in my Google Play account and I can now save my locally saved city into my Google account. 

But you'll need an extra device from where you can load the city you want to delete. 

Message 9 of 9 (326 Views)