Convenient way to add neighbors

by freedougp

Original Post

Convenient way to add neighbors

★★★★ Novice
Idk if EA/Simcity staff will see this, but I'm pretty sure I got a semi-brilliant idea. My petition is for you to add an option to send a player a friend invite when you visit their city while buying from the market. Right? Ya.... Anyway just send me $100, 1 lonely Benjamin and we straight. Thx
Message 1 of 3 (652 Views)

Re: Convenient way to add neighbors

★★★★ Novice
Also while ur at it, how about being able to be building multiple cities, like your own state....
Message 2 of 3 (645 Views)

Re: Convenient way to add neighbors

★★ Guide

@freedougp wrote:
Idk if EA/Simcity staff will see this, but I'm pretty sure I got a semi-brilliant idea. My petition is for you to add an option to send a player a friend invite when you visit their city while buying from the market. Right? Ya.... Anyway just send me $100, 1 lonely Benjamin and we straight. Thx

That is not something they would ever consider.  You first need to understand the premise of what the friends list is for and why they use facebook.  It's just like the facebook games that want you to request people from your friends list to play.  The point behind it is for you to invite your own actual real friends to play the game.  The more people invite their real friends, the more people they have playing.  It's intended to get and keep the user count up.

Adding friends of someone who is already playing does not serve this purpose for them.  Those people are already playing the game, so they would not be gaining new users from you becoming friends with people who are already playing the game.

With that said, the average person does not have 75 real friends playing the game, so we all come up with other means of adding people who do already play the game to get our friends list (in game) count up to meet the 75 required for the 30 Simcash reward.  You just have to realize that is not the purpose for the friends list.  They would much rather you invite your real friends and get them to play.

That is the same premise across many games on android and facebook.

Message 3 of 3 (574 Views)