Confirmation for Simcash spending

by BabyPondSnail

Original Post

Re: Confirmation for Simcash spending

★★★ Newbie
Yes Please!!!! Or a refund of unintentional, accidental spending.
Message 11 of 20 (1,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there any news about the confirmation dialog for Simcash spending? In my opinion, this is one of the few things to improve.

Yesterday I accidentally spent 30 SimCash to finish the production of a beef item when I already had 6... I lost more than 10 dollars in SimCash needlessly.
I don't say it because I don't want to spend money on the game, I buy SimCash occasionally. I say it because I like to spend my money where and when I want.

Please, keep it in mind. I think it's a fairly common necessity among players. Thanks in advance. :eahigh_file:

Message 12 of 20 (1,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

a worse version of this that has happened to me a few times is accidentally hitting the "delete trade" button instead of the "advertise" button when you also lose the simoleons from the trade. i reported this to zendesk and they replied it would be a good implementation.

Message 13 of 20 (1,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've accidentally spent Simcash that I've actually purchased using real money several times in situations exactly like those described in earlier posts, but the worst was when I recently spent 1000 Simcash (that I had been saving for a contest of mayors) on 68000 Simoleons that I absolutely did not need.  Contacted EA support, spoke to a rep, and of course there was "nothing that they could do to reverse the transaction." And it appears as though EA has no intention of implementing a confirmation dialog.  Deleted the game and never playing again.  Makes no sense being stressed out by an activity that is supposed to relieve stress.

Message 14 of 20 (1,372 Views)

★★ Novice
Just wasted 2500 carefully saved Neomall Simoleans when I accidentally touched a Vu battery I totally didn't need. I'm almost scared to open the Neomall because it's so easy to accidentally buy something. Game was just updated so guess this is still not a priority for them.
Message 15 of 20 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just had the same problem. Will be deleting the game and doing everything I can to have others avoid the same trap.

Message 16 of 20 (1,214 Views)

★★ Novice
A week earlier, I finally was able to buy a Maxis manor and accidentally lost 300 bucks
Message 17 of 20 (1,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Twice because of my little son i spent simcash for simoleons! More then 4000 simcash. And it happened because there is no doblechecking for real wish of buying. And when for the first time i complained about this I received from EA something like 100 simcash (i don’t remember exactly) instead of 1800... For second time I didn’t do anything...
Message 18 of 20 (1,116 Views)

★ Novice

So... it’s 2020.. is there an update for this issue or am I just not seeing it in the settings? This is the second time I’ve spent my savings on accident.

Message 19 of 20 (818 Views)

★ Expert

@al0raselinas  I completely agree that a confirmation should be put in place...but as I shared with a club member after their 2nd occurrence, getting bit by a dog the first time is the dog’s fault - but the second time...shame on you. Be careful, sorry you lost the simcash.

Message 20 of 20 (802 Views)