Club Wars bubble issue

by 22bmx

Original Post

Re: Club Wars bubble issue

★ Novice

Why can't the war simply be over if you let all your ities get bubbled?

Message 61 of 86 (1,017 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think the issue lies in the numbers of players you're facing.  Why must a 25 member team have to play a 10 user team?  The numbers support the smaller team.  All they have to do is give themselves energy boosts at the beginning and hit all those targets, get ahead and when they get shielded, they win.  War over in a few hours, if that, as the larger team has limited resources to hit.  Most of the top war teams have about 10 members for this very reason.  It's a loophole and they use it to win.

I propose that we offer teams the option of the minimum number of members that must be in the clubs they go to war with.  I would set our club to probably 18 or 20, making wars more fair. Let the 10 member clubs fight each other. That would help level the playing field.  I would rather be told there aren't any clubs to fight right now than have to get a 10 member team and know we've lost before it even begins.

Message 62 of 86 (967 Views)

★ Guide

I think that’s a great idea!  It shouldn’t be too hard for them to do either. 

That would eliminate a lot of problems and keep things fair!

Teams with 10 or 12 play together. Teams with 13 to 15, play together. Etc. 

Goid idea!

Message 63 of 86 (959 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I find being part of a small team makes things harder (10 members). IF you can get those attacks in right away with JPs and whatever boosters you have then yeah, you have a lot of targets. BUT if you don't, the other team has WAY more boosters and probably more members watching at any given moment. We have played 25 member teams and won, but we have also been killed by larger clubs.  It seems that a larger team that is diligent will beat a small club. That being said, we have a very friendly club with lots of chat. One out with a surgery and hit and miss playing, one lost at sea (almost literally) with no internet for an unknown amount of time (months) We can't afford to drop the member because of the 10 member minimum. We have not had more than 15 members since doing some "house cleaning" months ago. We play as a team, if you can't play as a team we boot you.

I think that larger teams have an advantage simply based on boosters, that 25 member team will buy a lot more boosters after a win than a 10 member team. We have been all bubbled completely before firing a shot, it's all about starting a war when you can fight it but with members all over the world that will never happen for us.  All in all, I think you have teams on the way up with their purchased L10 Mags fighting teams that are kinda sitting where they are competitive. You can't beat those teams spending real money when your team does not. You will always have teams that are underrated by score that catch up to you, it's not team size IMO, it's a club playing at too low a level for whatever reason. We have lost wars to single players, or one player having four times the points as the rest of the team combined.

Message 64 of 86 (932 Views)

★ Guide

22bmx. Everything you said I agree with!

Even with every thing we dislike, and are vocal about, this game is a lot of fun!  I LIVE my team. 

Weve been smaller, then larger ( usually because of a loss of a couple teammates, who then came back) but everyone in our team very happy!!

we have a rotation system. We call it Rota, and we take turns giving the mate whose turn it is ALL if our land OR storage. When whole team gives to one in a rotation, progress is grown expodentally 

We are all Vice Presidents, except for me. 

We rule by consensus. Everyone has a vote and we do rolls for decisions. Whether to add a new member, when to start war, when to talk someone out of leaving club because they feel like they can’t play enough!  Great team. 

Message 65 of 86 (926 Views)

★ Apprentice

IMO, the software team needs to make a major logic change to the wars so that a team cannot jump to an early lead, then remain under the bubble for 20+ hours.  My proposal is that a city can only stay under the bubble for 6 hours maximum.  At the end of 6 hours, the bubble comes off and unrepaired cities are restored and the player loses the chance to get war items from those cities.

Message 66 of 86 (843 Views)

★ Guide

That has been suggested SO many times over the years. To no avail. They do not care I do not think. Don’t give up!

Message 67 of 86 (837 Views)

★ Apprentice

Heads up to everyone who’s tired of all the bubble teams out there.  SimCity just added a new bubble buster booster.  Once a city is bubbles you can burst their bubble and attack them again.  So happy SimCity has found a resolution for this problem. 

Message 68 of 86 (677 Views)

★ Expert

@NotHere2237  Glad to see your enthusiasm and excitement and I really hope this bubble buster once and for all lays waste to the “strategy” boys. From my perspective this seems like way too little way too late...but I pray I’m wrong (certainly wouldn’t be the 1st time and probably not the last) - I genuinely hope it brings joy and excitement back to the war games. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Message 69 of 86 (668 Views)

★ Guide

So happy. I suggested the shield buster (8 months ago?). Looking forward to the next War. 

Message 70 of 86 (655 Views)