Original Post

Re: Club Wars bubble issue

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 21 of 86 (2,204 Views)

★ Guide
Roccodonovan8,

Thank you for your feedback! I agree that the war start time is second in importance to the end time. It’s frustrating when “turtling” essentially negates the end time.

Regards,

DD
Message 22 of 86 (2,200 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This happened to me too. Our Club just won a war by 100 points because of said problem. They all stayed bubbled.
Message 23 of 86 (2,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
The answer is much simpler than the 4 or 8 hour timer. The solution must be that if your city goes into the bubble (regardless of how long you are in said bubble) you can still be attacked for points. No more than 11 buildings can be destroyed but the other team can still gain points off of you. This will solve several issues. Presidents will be forced to remove non players and players will be forced to retaliate.
Message 24 of 86 (2,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

We have the same problem against a club called s until the end of the battle and they are under the bubble and we can' t do nothing, correct this please, that isn't a strategy ,thank you!

[Do not accuse others of cheating. This is known as naming and shaming and is not allowed on AHQ - CM]

Message 25 of 86 (2,050 Views)

★ Novice

How about making offering war cards that undome your opponent.  Thats an easy fix, and time zones and start times are irrelevant.  

Message 26 of 86 (1,856 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@simcity-buildIt developers please fix this issue. It takes the fun out of the game when we wait around for a day, unable to attack because the other club is hiding like cowards

Message 27 of 86 (1,826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I disagree. The point of the umbrella is to give respite, to allow the other team to continue attacking makes the umbrella moot. Why bother limiting the amount of destroyed buildings at that point? Who cares if your building is destroyed, it's the points that are meaningful. Some people can play all day, they may have a desk job with an internet connection and their device beside them. Some of us, work outside and rarely touch our city throughout the day. The umbrella does even things out a bit. 

Your option would make any new player untouchable to a club, so that new player would never get any experience which would mean no cards and no reasonable way to progress. 

I think a simple 8 hour timer on an attacked building with a maximum of 10 hours under a bubble is the simplest fix. Your buildings would auto fix after 8 hours and after 10 you would lose the umbrella but remaining buildings would still be destroyed. You could have 6 buildings destroyed and reach the 10 hour limit and lose the umbrella with a 6 health. The opposing team could then attack but only for 6 damage. Points gained of course would depend on their attacks.

Message 28 of 86 (1,810 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s been happening a lot with my club as well. It’s a supid strategy for a club to use. They give up gaining more individual pts and earning more cards plus the war items for repairs. Very frustrating and boring wars if the other cities cannot play! EA please FIX this! 

Message 29 of 86 (1,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

That’s not the issue at all (players that aren’t available to play - that happens). It’s the deliberate strategy of running out the clock to win when available players are not repairing. Imagine if during a football or baseball game one team just sat on the bench and stopped playing once they got ahead! How long would that be allowed?

Message 30 of 86 (1,769 Views)