Re: Cheats/Hackers in Contest of Mayors

by Attitoode

Original Post

★ Expert

It is truly sad that it has eroded to this...but I understand clearly where you’re coming from. When the stars align themselves just right and you have an honest opportunity to fulfill a goal and you work diligently to achieve that target and accomplish the task at hand it gives you that rush of excitement and success...it’s a great feeling in anything you do. Then to have that accomplishment over shadowed by someone that resorts to taking shortcuts and cheating is very frustrating...but take solace in the fact that they didn’t experience that same filling self respect moment that you enjoyed. But it still sucks...

I understand why you feel it’s a waste of time to report the player, EA has earned that and needs to own it. But if you have credible evidence of wrongdoing  go ahead and report them....nothing may come of it, but if you don’t nothing will.

Congratulations on your effort and your performance!

Message 11 of 71 (3,431 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happened to me as well. A player came out of nowhere and topped me in a few hours remaining of the contest by over 15000. And this was after I did every maximum point challenge. So I don't put much effort into it anymore. Only thing that keeps me playing is the group I am in.

The time zone of when the contest starts and ends needs to be addressed. As it stands now, it favors the Asian time zone. They should alternate it between there and the North and South American time zone to make it more fair.

Message 12 of 71 (3,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. My nick Саммит. What do you think about this?. See screenshot.

Message 13 of 71 (3,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My place is 4. You can see on this screenshot.

Message 14 of 71 (3,126 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Si no hay trampas como me explicáis que en mi liga ganen con más de 170.000 puntos ???
Message 15 of 71 (3,082 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i agree with most not all of comments above. i stopped complaining because there are a big handful of players who are greedy and buy their way to #1 thru #5 spots each COM.

they buy and pay to get the required amount of supplies to get #1 spot. just for those few tokens/keys.

it doesn't stop there. i see this one guy at klondike adventures marathons in #1 spot all the time. lol. he just buys all supplies. greedy and authoritarian. smh.

i won't let that stop me because i just play for fun now. that includes leveling up too.

i helped two females in my region to level up and they didn't even thank me nor act like they know me now. lol. who cares?

it's just a game and there will always be someone making a cheater app for games.

i know that i am not cheating and level up by my own working so i appreciate the game and just enjoy myself. good luck people!

Message 16 of 71 (2,976 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys!

During the last CoM I saw a player over 300k points one day before the end of the contest. Check the screenshot.

Screenshot_20190407-102734.jpg

Is that ok? Why don't you do anything against the cheaters? Lot of us are playing over 4 years, doing the contest an other things without cheats. It's not so funny, to finish the CoM megalopolis league at the 50th playce because of some cheaters.

Okay, i'm fine with that you can't do anything against them, but in this case you should create a "Cheaters League" over the Megalopolis, and this guys could play there. Give'em higher prices than in the Megalopolis, and they will go there immediately. It can be really easy to enter the Cheaters league, just finish the contest over 225k point in the Megalopolis League. Wink And the real players can calmly play further ...

Thanks anyway.

Lukapera Lekasira

Message 17 of 71 (2,945 Views)

Rampant cheating in contest of mayors and EA does nothing

★★★ Newbie

Lately I had been observing a lot of hackers winning every top 3 spots in every contest of mayors I participated in. Those people simply are using a hacking program that allows them to score pretty much unlimited points in the amount of minutes. Multiple reports to EA Zen Desk are getting standard answer and then we see same hackers every week for months. I lost 4 players from my club that simply left the game for good because they no longer could compete with hackers that hack contest and war cards. EA can simply prevent that hacking by storing everyone’s contests and war cards on their server rather than individual devices that can be easily manipulated. Please, let me know when the problem of hacking/cheating and inaction from ZenDesk will be resolved. Thanks. 

Message 18 of 71 (2,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is a great suggestion, anyone who scores above 190,000 points should be automatically removed from contests, let alone 300,000 points... Shame on you, EA!

Message 19 of 71 (2,772 Views)

Re: Rampant cheating in contest of mayors and EA does nothing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I see the same thing. Getting a high score of over 200,000 in less then 3 days. Impossible! I reported it but see the same player still active in this weeks contest. Usually top 3, like you said, are questionable. My frustration has eroded my desire to play this game anymore. Time to move on. 

Message 20 of 71 (2,713 Views)