Change in value of turtle tokens?

by bettysadog

Original Post

Change in value of turtle tokens?

★ Guide

After completing my most recent epic challenge, I noticed that it is taking 4 turtle tokens to equal one speed-up item. Previously it was only requiring 3. Has anyone else experienced this or know why it has changed? Ironically, it was after completing a silver epic that my bronze tokens changed

Thanks

Message 1 of 22 (1,658 Views)

Re: Change in value of turtle tokens?

★★★★ Apprentice
I thought it was only me. Before nine cheetah pieces make one token. It took 10 yesterday. :-(

Message 2 of 22 (1,576 Views)

★ Guide

@Restville wrote:
I thought it was only me. Before nine cheetah pieces make one token. It took 10 yesterday. :-(

Nope you are not the only one. Silver hasn't changed, still 6 to one, but turtles are 4 to 1 now.Not the end of the world, but I planned 15 turtles, which at 3 to 1 gave me 5 per day. At 4 to 1 its 3 3/4 per day. I guess my biggest irk is that there was no announcement made, it just happened. I guess I could do another turtle and make it 4 per day but why waste a challenge?

Also of note, you are the only one who has responded so does this mean its only happened to the two of us?

Message 3 of 22 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It looks like it's the same for all of us.

I planned making 15 bronze ones but I'll just do at least 20.

Message 4 of 22 (1,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

And after I finnished my 32 bronze building (I build them for additional  population boost) now I need 5 tokens for 1 boost. Again without any notification whatsoever... 

Message 5 of 22 (1,387 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup every time you turn around this game screws you.

I signed up for free and I ain't gonna pay to play!!!!!!

Message 6 of 22 (1,301 Views)

★★ Novice

If you look at the dates of these replies it didn't start all of a sudden it started at different times and points in the game.

Soooooo they plan to screw you from the start!

Spoiler

Message 7 of 22 (1,298 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I need 13 pieces to make a cheetah token now.  It's been steadily increasing from the original nine ... is there a cap in sight?

Does anybody know what causes it to increase?  Is it due to how many tokens you've created and/or how many epic buildings you've created?

Message 8 of 22 (1,161 Views)

★ Guide

Ever since the upgrade or the release of the Contest of Mayors, it has been taking 5 turtles to make one bronze speedup. Silver has increased to 8 and cheetah has stayed at 10.  The problem with turtles is having to make more of them to compensate for the increase. It takes only a few minutes to reach the first tier and then you are stuck for another 23 hours and 55 minutes or so until it ends and then another 12 hours to start another epic challenge. Plus it seems like I am using less bronze as they are soooo slow compare to the silver and gold. 

And yes I would complain if they hung me with a new rope...

Message 9 of 22 (1,147 Views)

★★ Guide

I am convinced that it is in direct relation to how many epic buildings you have.

I just finished my 7th cheetah building a few days ago. 

Prior to my 7th cheetah building I had.....

2 turtle

6 llama

6 cheetah

Under this configuration it took me 3 turtle pieces, 6 llama pieces and 10 cheetah pieces to get 1 token.  This was the same before and after the Mayor's Contest update.

Upon completing my 7th cheetah building, Llama went from needing 6 pieces to 7 pieces.  I need to pay closer attention to the other two to see how many pieces it takes.  Llama just stuck out like a sore thumb because I was at getting one token per day and I missed it by 1 piece.  I thought the pieces required was changing as I was adding new ones, but couldn't confirm it until now.  I believe I started with Llama only needing 5.

I have read another thread where someone said they wrote EA about it and got a response back that said something to the affect of yes, the more you have, the more is required, but it will top out at some point and not go any higher.  Although they did not tell him when it would top out and quit requiring more and more pieces.  So for that, I have no answer either.

Message 10 of 22 (1,141 Views)