Re: Cannot see my Google+ friends

by Ryos555

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My friend rejoined google account  in his android device and now can't see me too Frown

Now we don't see each other, this is even more frustrating

EA, will you answer this question and fix the problem???

Message 21 of 30 (2,147 Views)

★★ Novice

Ditto this problem.

Sort of ridiculous, but I'm used to EA breaking SimCity Games.

Message 22 of 30 (2,030 Views)

★ Novice

I still have this problem, just to a lesser extent nowadays. Now about 50% of the time only my Facebook friends are listed, sometimes the Login Option is missing, sometimes hitting that button just loops a thinking icon until it times out. 

The one workaround that seems to work for me is logging out of Google in the settings, going to the GTHQ and visiting a random city, then quitting the app completely, restarting, signing in and hope.

It's a pain in the *. 

My gf has similar problems, except hers frequently tells her Unfortunately Google Hangouts has stopped working, so maybe it's something to do with that.

Message 23 of 30 (2,021 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as well. None of the fixes ihae found online actually fix the issue. Anyone found anything new that worked?

Message 24 of 30 (1,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem here as well Frown can not see anything from google play or play friends in the game

Message 25 of 30 (1,829 Views)

★★ Novice

It really sucks hard. Since last upd my google friends are gone! Tried relogging and many different things i read on the web but nothing changed...

I would like to hear a statement from ea to this issue since it is a common issue to MANY majors...

Message 26 of 30 (1,743 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Similar issue here, my achievements etc are not updating on Google. Friends cities haven't advanced for a few weeks.
Message 27 of 30 (1,710 Views)

★★ Novice

Latest update did not fix the issue of missing google friends for me.

Can anyone confirm that it works?

Sadly no member of ea answers to this thread. Very disapointing Frown

Message 28 of 30 (1,679 Views)

★★ Novice

August 2018 - issue remains unresolved.

Google plus account list remains empty, and all we did was switch android devices.  Both Old and New device was android Oreo.

Verified both accounts are in public and in same circles.

Verified permissions are set to allow friendlist, not private.

Stayed logged in for over 24 hrs on both accounts.

Issue persist.

EA please provide checklist verification steps for troubleshooting.

Message 29 of 30 (1,172 Views)

★★ Novice

Appears to be a known issue but isn't posted in forums or on change logs in game or on website.  I received the following response, verbatim, from EA.

Binod (SimCity BuildIt)

Aug 20, 10:07 EEST

Hey Mayor, many thanks for contacting us. 

I realize that you're having problems seeing your Google play friends.

However please let me inform you that there have been changes to the ways in which Google and Apple manage the data which is sent to our game, leaving some of our mayors unable to see their new- or existing- Google Play or Game Center friends.

We are currently talking to Google and Apple about how to resolve this for the future, but unfortunately there is no workaround or 'fix' we can provide for you right now. However the team is always looking into ways to improve connections, and if there is a fix it will come in future updates.

In the meantime, we strongly suggest using Facebook in order to trade with friends and saving your game progress.

Thanks for your patience and please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. 

Message 30 of 30 (1,149 Views)