Re: Can't zoom out zoom in and no traffic lights and no road lights

by rahier61

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
This can't be quite true.
I'm using Samsung galaxy note 5. At the beginning I had the same problem as other people in this thread. After a while running other programs on my phone, for some reason I suddenly had better zoom and at it seemed to be, higher resolution.

Now again, after reinstalling the game (the game was updating everyone I started it and still does after reinstall) , I'm back to poor zoom and having the same problem again without knowing why.
Message 11 of 17 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This can't be quite true.
I'm using Samsung galaxy note 5. At the beginning I had the same problem as other people in this thread. After a while running other programs on my phone, for some reason I suddenly had better zoom and at it seemed to be, higher resolution.

Now again, after reinstalling the game (the game was updating everyone I started it and still does after reinstall) , I'm back to poor zoom and having the same problem again without knowing why.
Message 12 of 17 (1,424 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Myklestul

When SimCity BuildIt first launches it does a hardware check in order to give you a smooth and optimized playing experience. The other apps and updates on your system can therefore affect the results.

You mention that the game was updating more than once, is it because you were using an app-optimization app? 

Message 13 of 17 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have no third party optimization app. The only time apps are optimized is when there are new firmware for the phone itself.

Is there any way I can override graphics setting in SC Buildit? Or a way to make the app think that it should increase the graphics/zoom level?

Thanks for answering 😊
Message 14 of 17 (1,411 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Myklestul,

The only thing I can think of is to make sure that you have at least 10% storage free on the device so there's enough RAM left for the game and all the background operations. Hopefully that will work.

Message 15 of 17 (1,407 Views)

★★ Novice

you can fix the zoom out problem easily if you're rooted

you need:

total commander (or another capable file manager)

HEX editor

grant both of them root access

in HEX editor settings -> other settings check "root mode"

in total commander search file system root folder for "benchmark.txt"

you'll end up with maybe 6 results, just check if path contains simcitymobile, if it does, you have the right file

don't worry about changing all of them, it's just many mappings of the same file, all you have to do is to rewrite one of them

tap n hold the benchmark.txt and choose "open with"

choose HEX editor

you should see something like

| ec 03 00 00 | 03 00 00 00 | 03 00 00 00 | 00 00 00 00 |

write down the numbers, just in case you need it later

ignore the numbers in this example, they can be different in your case,

change the second and third dword from what's on that position in your file (03 in my case) to FF

so it should look something like that:

| ec 03 00 00 | FF 00 00 00 | FF 00 00 00 | 00 00 00 00 |

save it, run the game and enjoy, you can zoom all the way out Wink

if anything went wrong, just type in the old numbers and save

Message 16 of 17 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just want to say thanx for ruining the game for me. Last time I played was Aug cuz I lost the drive it was on. Finally got around to re-installing it and I can't even play it anymore. Maybe when your program checks the device you should disable all the useless fancy graphics before disabling the functions of the game. What kind of idiots do you have working there?
Message 17 of 17 (628 Views)