Re: Can't see Facebook friends.

by OhHello1234567

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I have 2 android devices, one is mine and the other is my son's.  I have them both logged into facebook and I cannot see his and he cannot see my city.  Irritating.  Also the same is true for Google Play.  Log in on both devices and no friend icon.

Message 21 of 43 (8,224 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually had this resolved as a couple days after trying the delete/re-add BuildIt from Facebook, I could see a friend.

Then after the recent app update last week, I can no longer see friends.  And as was the case before, friends can see me.

Message 22 of 43 (8,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When will this be fixed?

Message 23 of 43 (7,872 Views)

★★ Novice

I fixed mine today!  I used a combination of suggestions combined with some experimentation.  Details below (These are based on my Galaxy Note 4)

1.  Go to your Facebook on a desktop PC.  Click on Settings, then click on Apps

2.  Search for and click on SimCity Build It

3.  At the bottom of the pop-up window, click 'Remove App'.  After it's complete, close Facebook

4.  Go to Applications on your cell device.  Click on SimCity and click the 'Clear Data' button.  (If using an iPhone device, you must delete and re-download the app)

5.  Open SimCity and complete the first few "missions" until you are able to click on settings and "Log in to Facebook" again

6.  Once you've logged in and allowed Facebook permissions, you should now see your friends.  This worked for both my wife (iPhone) and myself (Android).  Hit me up with feedback!

Message 24 of 43 (32,000 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

All that did was delete my saved game on my iPad.... Is there any way to get it back?

Message 25 of 43 (7,804 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes.  It deletes the data on your device, but once you log back into Facebook, it asks if you would like to import your previous saved city.  It's saved on a server and connected to your Facebook.  

Message 26 of 43 (7,782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But it still won't connect to Facebook...any other ideas? Because right now I have no way to retrieve my old game Frown

Message 27 of 43 (7,722 Views)

★★★ Novice
This thread says this problem is solved...sounds like it's far from being solved. I came to read the solutions to this problem. There is none!
Message 28 of 43 (7,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am also trying to get this to work. In my case I am trying to transfer my game from iOS to Android.

In my case if I connect to facebook I can't get my game from the Game Centre. If I connect to Game Centre I can't connect to Facebook.

This needs to be fixed. If I have to start again from scratch I just won't bother with the game at all.
Message 29 of 43 (7,415 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

this is not solved  - see ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcz3x9cEZ3k

Message 30 of 43 (7,324 Views)