Re: Can someone please explain how this keeps happening?

by Stykex

Original Post

Can someone please explain how this keeps happening?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
I am a seasoned player, I do not spend much money on this game. How do these people get this many points (see pictures) in such a short amount of time. Last week the top player #1 in the contest had over 80,000 pts. in the first 6 hours, I hadn't even started yet because I just woke up. I always, always get some progress, then bang, make 58 transformers or feed or some other assignment that holds me back 6-8 hrs. Sometimes longer. I am waiting right now for 2 more deliveries to Tokyo (40 hrs.) and am not even going to be able to finish my assignments this week. I don't get it, what's their secret. It seems like I'm getting screwed while a person like Domi Lounge (pic.) is consistently in the top 5 for the second week, and there's no competing against the Chinese people, they own this game. So what the hell is going on? Their not taking easy assignments because they have over 90,000 pts. Can anyone please explain this phenomenon to me? If it's just luck then it's consistent luck. Can we somehow make this contest more equal? I'm not mad, just disappointed. I would love to make it to megalopolis league someday. So my question is how are they doing this? Please look at the pictures and try to explain this to me. My best guess is that they are cheating. The 3rd picture is ridiculous! 4hrs. Into the contest? 😳
Message 1 of 11 (1,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Last week? Explain that.
Message 2 of 11 (1,343 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Toby. You do realize it's not all about who spends the most simcash that wins the contest right? Yes, you may have to spend some to speed up boats and planes, but you need to plan and have a strategy to win. But efficient time management is much more important, you need to plan ahead and visit the game every now and then all throughout the 5 days the contest is going.

You say getting certain "produce 50+ of X" holds you back? So start producing those before you go to bed and do others when you're up. For example, now I have a "produce 58 chemicals" mission, while I'm waiting for the first half of that batch (I can only make 45 items at once due to my limit of 9 factories) to get ready I'm doing other missions, then when that batch is ready I start the mission, pick them up and start the other half, during that downtime I try to see what I can do to prep for other missions. Do I have a mission to upgrade residential homes? What items do I need to do that? Do I need to produce 11 drills? Ok what am I missing in order to produce those? Can I start producing them, so when my chemical mission is complete I can just pick up the drills.

Sure those with simcash can just spend cash and complete drills instantly, but completing missions superfast isn't a guarantee you'll win unless the other 99 in you group are shocked by your speed and throw in the towel on day one. It's just like the childrens story about the turtle and the hare, slow and steady wins the race (with a lot of planning and luck on what missions you get)

Now I'm done ranting, I sure hope you take a step back and learn, because it's getting old with your toxic posts here on the forums =(

/Stykex, currently competing in Megalopolis and has only spent simcash for 2 quick Tokyo planes.

Message 3 of 11 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Stykex: No, there's definitely some cheating going on, does your plan/strategy earn you 78,000 points in 4hrs., No it doesn't. No offense, but I don't need a lesson in how to play this game. Level 83 over 2.8 million sims at 100% 😊. Here's the proof of cheating and what were all up against. Thanks though for taking all that time, and not even answering the question..😴
Message 4 of 11 (1,246 Views)

★ Guide
| Stykex wrote: Now I'm done ranting, I sure hope you take a step back and learn, because it's getting old with your toxic posts here on the forums =( |
Learn from you? Look dude it's an open forum where people can complain so things get fixed. If you don't like it then don't read them. That's my lesson for you. Hope you step back and learn.🤓
Message 5 of 11 (1,240 Views)

★ Guide
It seems some people appreciate my posts. Thank you.
Message 6 of 11 (1,235 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've seen those pictures. Yes the person with multiple commercial buildings is cheating. I've never seen it myself so I don't know how it's possible, if it's possible or if the picture is photoshoped or w/e, I'm not calling you a liar but I'm sceptic by nature =)

Regarding the 80k pts in 30min, it's POSSIBLE, unlikely but possible. And whomever has done it has either had some extreme luck, or a huge stack of simcash to burn.

And in regards to succeeding in the contest, I gave you the tips because you seem to be around 30-40k pts most of the time, if not then I'm sorry but it's just the recent pics I've seen and noticed from you, I can easily get those points, so far this week I've averaged nearly 2k per mission, which I know is super high, and I'm hoping it'll keep to that trend. It's just a lot of effort put in by me to get it done.

Message 7 of 11 (1,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Stykex wrote: | Regarding the 80k pts in 30min, it's POSSIBLE, unlikely but possible. And whomever has done it has either had some extreme luck, or a huge stack of simcash to burn. |
No way!! When you accomplish this feat, come back and let me know. 🤣 How about 100,000 points in 4 hrs.. Can you do that? No you cannot. Another 100 people cheated. 🤔
Message 8 of 11 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Done with city league this week. 38 tough assignments. Just want a top 20.
Message 9 of 11 (1,206 Views)

★ Novice

Couple of suggestions:. Do big tasks like 51 bags of feed over night, that way you won't be frustrated in waiting.  If the task requires more "batches", don't select the task until the first batch is done that way you only have to wait for one time cycle. When doing things like produce and collect 10 donuts, make sure you have all the ingredient ready (for all ten) before you select the task, AND put as many as you can in the store's bins BEFORE you pick the task.  Major suggestion, make as many tokern buildings as you can (yeah they can get expensive, but it's worth it) to help in store productions.  Once you get the hang of it you can manufacture donut ingredients, start the task, then put the feed bags in the factories!  So you end up working on more than one thing at a time.  I usually work on three or more at the same time.  Make sure you get your timing right.  Something you might have noticed but I'll suggest here, do the disasters THEN the repair diaster tasks; the last diaster's

repairs can be used for the first "Repair diaster" task.  Example, when there are Launch diasters : 2 and Repair diaster zones: 3 appear together, do the launch first, then the repair task second remembering to save the last buildings of the first task for the repair.

Hope these ideas help.  Good luck.

Message 10 of 11 (1,106 Views)