Re: Contest of mayors point scoring system

by Dillydally777

Original Post

Contest of mayors point scoring system

★★★ Newbie

Am having issues with the scoring system as I choose the highest points for each task one at a time regardless how long it takes and still come up short seems like some people get assignments with more plumbob points nothing wrong with my strategy anyone have the same issue or tips on where amgoing wrong 

Message 1 of 7 (3,853 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

who told you that it was the best way?

Message 2 of 7 (3,823 Views)

★ Expert

Not sure what the prior mayor was referring to with his question and would be interested in his explanation, but assuming all assignments were completed (including golden tickets) you maximized your potential and should be proud. My understanding is that assignments are randomly assigned and over a given time frame (1month, 6 months, whatever it might be) and in theory if everyone maxed out each week there would be a tie in total points over that time frame - unless you buy into the conspiracy theories (which I don't, it's illogical from a business perspective). Some weeks you do great, others your results might be disappointing (based on your goal) - that's what makes it a challenge and true competitors show up and give it their best effort regardless the final standings - that's truly the reward. Some will never understand this concept but that's ok, they can complain about unfairness and cheating while others figuratively tip there hat to the winners and prepare to give them a run next week. I believe you to be a fellow competitor trying to understand how to be more competitive and I tip my hat to you.

Message 3 of 7 (3,775 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

assignments are not just random assigned, if you play many leagues you will see some rules, I won 3 times highest league and only in last season I was 2nd and 3rd in megalopolis. This is not just my luck or time spending. Of course time is crucial nearly 700k points gathered in one season is not coming from nowhere(and this is not a limit) 

Message 4 of 7 (3,762 Views)

★ Expert

I appreciate your feedback, and I too have participated in multiple challenges with some success. I'm interested in the answer to what is the right way that you eluded to in your prior question. I mean no disrespect, I'm trying to expand my knowledge so that I can be a better competitor. 

Message 5 of 7 (3,754 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Assignments aren’t purely random. There seems to be “gateway” tasks that lead to higher point tasks. Doing a 1000 point shipment task will lead to a 3000 point shipment task (3 shipments) popping up later. Another one is Launch 1 dIsaster leads to Launch 3 disasters. don’t know exactly how it works, but I believe your choices in tasks affect what you get later.
Message 6 of 7 (3,119 Views)

★ Guide

MADmatter21,

This is a perceptive commentary.

I agree that assignments are not purely random. To demonstrate, I can’t remember having 2 assignments of the same type at once on the assignment board (eg. 2 simoleon challenges, 2 launch disasters, 2 war deliveries). 

In my humble opinion, this benefits us players by not crowding the board with assignments that we can’t complete. For instance, it would stink to have an assignment board full of war attacks if not at war or epic challenges if I don’t have any epic-eligible buildings.

However, I can’t speak to your theory that plumbob points increase with repeat assignments. I haven’t noticed it, but it could very well be true. I’ll pay more attention and try to report back. 

Thank you!

DD

Message 7 of 7 (3,058 Views)