Re: war club strategy

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

★ Expert

Superpraesi,

Of course you see nothing wrong with it...obviously you do not understand what a competitor is or does and I doubt very seriously you could win straight up. Go hide and play with yourself in one of your feeder cities located in another club so you can turtle again. If you don’t understand what you’re doing to this game then enough said...strategy no...manipulating a program glitch that needs to be addressed.

Message 21 of 33 (2,839 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am playing in a club with 20 members. We have no feeder clubs or something like this. We often play successfully against the clubs with few members who use exactly these turtles tactics. If we have enough members online it's very easy to win against these clubs. Obviously, if your club does not follow any strategy, do not be surprised that you are constantly losing against such clubs. You can not seriously believe that everyone is a cheater or the game is manipulated.

Message 22 of 33 (2,825 Views)

★ Expert

In March I wrote this response to a post that was curious what strategy folks were using...many folks were protective so I shared the truth below:

Sorry I missed your post. My good friend Modern Thinker is correct in his premise and VP is absolutely correct as well. To me there is only one strategy that has long term positive results and I’m happy to share it with you...have fun. Play the game for what it is....a game. Nobody but EA is getting rich and so many are creating unnecessary stress on their bodies for absolutely no reason - congratulations to all those top 100 clubs, that’s your prize. My interest is how many will be left standing if and when EA does it’s purge for cheating?
In the meantime we’re going to laugh, joke, share, encourage and develop solid relationships in our one war per week. If it’s not fun and relaxing, why participate - it’s not like a high school or college athlete preparing for the Pro’s in any sport. Bet that’s not the advice you’re looking for...but consider it for awhile and if you follow this strategy everything else will fall in place. Good luck.

Message 23 of 33 (2,777 Views)

★ Expert

si

I am perturbed by your comment and insult toward our General and VP...we don’t use a strategy, we use multiple strategies contingent to the circumstances...but I can assure running and hiding is not one. To a person our Mayors are extremely competitive but self controlled, we collectively would rather come up short than be disrespectful to our opponent or the game. Your attempt to manipulate what I have said even worse never did and your effort to undermine Commonwood is shameful. It sends a very clear message and makes me wonder out loud if his concern hit too close to home.

By the way we have won 90% + of our contests with only an average of 8 players participating until December and never hid, never cheated, never used temp players (mercenaries) or feeder cities...we now average 15 players, readily share and are not a war club.

Message 24 of 33 (2,770 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Once again. In my opinion, the option to stay under the shield as long as you want, should remain exactly as it is. EA, thank you for this fabulous, downright ingenious game design.

@PinnacleValley

I also find such phrases as "Go hide and play with yourself in one of your feeder cities ..." very insulting.

Message 25 of 33 (2,747 Views)

★ Expert

Sorry you’re offended...and I’m confident when your players realize that you can be competitive by using a much more participative strategy or strategies and contact me looking for help finding a new club that matches their expectations you will be even more offended.

Message 26 of 33 (2,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I too think that shields should slowly go away. Most clubs are not that active and have members from around the world. Coordinating a start time is difficult. I like having people's in different home zones cuz they can keep the war active while some sleep.

But this bs of getting a small lead, then team is shielded for most of the war ruins it.
Message 27 of 33 (2,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How about a bit of realism  no shields but a missile defence system which you also have to build up.

Message 28 of 33 (2,095 Views)

★★★★ Novice
If the other club comes out hot u need to do the same. Can’t tell u how many boring wars we hv been in. Even when we get far ahead they quit n we r sitting waiting. Works both ways but ultimately if u shield them n u r behind it a bad startegy 4 u. U hv the option 2 do the same.

We r currently fighting. Club that has huge war cards n we r keeping their top 2 guys down n r ahead. However they state that the will not stay shielded if ahead n will allow us to get hits for chests. I think they expect to win..lol
Message 29 of 33 (1,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SimCity NEEDS to make a UNSHIELD TOKEN. We have JPs, Energy Increase, Energy Slow Down, ect., why not a UNSHIELD TOKEN???

Message 30 of 33 (1,935 Views)