Re: war club strategy

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

war club strategy

★★★ Newbie

I know there are many types of strategy, but there is one that angers me, because it leaves you unable to do anything ... The shields. It seems good to me that the shields are activated when they have destroyed your city, but from there to remain indefinitely ...

There are clubs that are left standing with all the cities in shield and you can not do anything ... neither go back or progress.

These shields should have a cost in resources from a certain time, be it money, points or whatever, so we would prevent people from staying protected without doing anything ...

What do you think of the idea?

Message 1 of 33 (18,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Your idea is interesting, but I prefer a timer so shields only last 12 hours.  Then each city can be attacked a minimum of 3x.

Shields are frustrating, but as I said in a post in another thread, your club bears some responsibility for allowing your opponent to gain a position where they are able to hold on to victory under shield.

Make sure your club is as active as possible.  It helps to choose a start time so that most can be around at the start of the attack phase.

Don't fall behind by too much, and you'll never need to worry about losing to those who hide under shield...

Message 2 of 33 (18,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You are right that part of the fault is ours for attacking them and leaving them under the shield, but we can not attack if we reach the city and lose the opportunity to earn more points to progress.

It's very frustrating to be almost tied, a difference of only 20 points, and to use the tactics of hiding behind the shield ...
Message 3 of 33 (18,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It is frustrating indeed.  And super boring.

In some games (chess comes to mind), if there is a repeat of a certain number of moves, then the result is a draw.

However, I suspect that some opponents would still take a draw rather than a potential loss, so even forcing those clubs who refuse to fight to achieve a draw instead of their "win" might not solve the problem entirely.  Those chickens will still go for the draw...

Sadly, as much as I hate it, you do have to look at the issue from the other point of view: if a club has organized itself to 1) be active and 2) fight quickly with high scoring attacks enough to build up a lead then...  have they not "earned" their victory?  It may upset us, but... they earned it.  Or rather, we deserved it because we weren't as ready or as good as they were.  Our foremost solution is to look in the mirror and be better prepared next time.

Know that this is a real and valid strategy in the game, and prepare and conduct your team accordingly so that you don't suffer your fate from it.

For those who wish to play more casually: again, my suggestion is to have timers for shields so that there are a couple of more chances to re-engage the enemy over the course of the 36 hour attack phase.

Message 4 of 33 (18,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hv 2 agree with u. Most clubs don’t try to take out the big hitters until the last few hours. Why keep giving them ammo?

Message 5 of 33 (17,001 Views)

★ Expert

Hi meteorlady,

I have seen that strategy used, but I believe it to be counter productive. I always find the opposing President and wish him a pleasant morning at the start of the war game and in return most of the time I’m offered seasons greetings as well. I believe (for legitimate competitors) you look forward to doing battle with a great player and have no problem at all putting them in the bubble (strategically of course) because I know my turn is coming. I think it’s great they are getting more ammo and so am I and at the end of the day you take stock win or lose knowing you competed at your best and enjoyed the game.

But then you get into what my friend Modern Thinker was alluding to in his posts and that’s the turtle teams. We both agree that a shot clock needs to be added (these clubs are sucking the fun out of the game) although we respectfully disagree with the length I’m at 18 hours and he’s at 12 and I think the difference in our opinion is where we are individually located (we’ve seen a lot of 10 to 12 hrs difference) and his club is a little more focused on war than ours. Honestly, I would rather see 12, 8, 4, 2, or none at all rather than what it is today. Just my opinion.

Message 6 of 33 (16,983 Views)

★ Novice

Are presidents able to communicate with each other? How?

Message 7 of 33 (16,692 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks Connor McDavid!!  (next year Oilers, next year)  .....you nail our clubs' frustration with war and the "bubble".

We are growing tired of clubs that hide under their domes denying an attack by their opponents.

We think the domes should be time-limited.

Message 8 of 33 (16,504 Views)

★ Novice
I usually put them under the dome immediately as a friendly hello.
Message 9 of 33 (16,480 Views)

★ Expert

I choose not to put them under the dome, instead I wish them a good morning and give them the opportunity to wish me a pleasant day.

I really wish you could contact the President of the opposing club during war to wish them the best of luck, congratulate them for an intense battle and share with turtle teams genuine disgust and insult them with your mama jokes like “Your mama was slow she made molasses look like rocket fuel”... ok maybe not so funny but the ones that are I can’t post in the forum. Have fun guys Standard smile.

Message 10 of 33 (16,417 Views)