Re: very low on simoleons

by fabiotabs656

Original Post

very low on simoleons

★★★ Newbie

i have been playing this game for around a week now. i kinda got stuck. i cant upgrade many more building, dont know why this is but i do need the hospital. im not gaining simoleons fast and wanted to know how to get it faster. my happiness is 78% probably because of the hospital situation.

what is the best way to make cash in this game.

i try to fill as many requests as possible but the amounts are very low. i thought about trading all of my items but i would like the best per hour profit i can get and obviously they have to be wanted by someone else.

any suggestions?

Message 1 of 12 (3,388 Views)

★ Guide

Check this guide:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-General/SimCity-BuildIt-Tip-and-Tricks-Guide-WIP/m-p/419540...

Important:

- Make use of the coin offer popups;

- Make seeds, vegetables,nail and chairs, which sell very fast;

- Get 64k to buy the big hospital;

- Expand your city with more houses.

Message 2 of 12 (3,378 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Another guide to quick money here.

Any storage cameras/padlocks priced at 525 or less then buy on sight. They're guaranteed sellers and you can price them up at 650, making 100 simoleons off each item sold. 

The same goes for dozer wheels/tractor exhausts. If you see those priced at around 600 or less then buy on sight as they can be easily sold for 800, making you 200 simoleons off each item sold. 

Message 3 of 12 (3,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I second czeuch's suggestions. Just be patient and get into a routine of manufacturing popular items for trading. Don't forget to advertise!

The hospital is definitely worth it. One is enough to cover my entire city of 200k sims.

Message 4 of 12 (3,304 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also keep in mind you can sell stuff to others in the global market. I sell off excess stuff there. I just keep my factories and production buildings making stuff and if I'm not getting coin popups that are worth selling to then I toss them on the global market for the max price. The game is supposed to buy them up if they don't sell after a time but this seems to be hit or miss for me as to when that happens. I sell to the coin popups if I get near max value for each item. Sometimes it will give you more per item than the max on the global and those are the ones you definately want to take the time to get the items made if you don't already have them ready.

Message 5 of 12 (3,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My upgrades at start of game were in the 700-1500 range. Now they are at less than 500. Any background on why?
Message 6 of 12 (3,183 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@thedvsmofo wrote:
My upgrades at start of game were in the 700-1500 range. Now they are at less than 500. Any background on why?

What level are you? I'm on level 38 and getting approximately 1700-2000 an upgrade. 

Message 7 of 12 (3,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

for me EA has wrong with the simleons, price and all is simcity buisness 

prices are incredible high, for a little park 10.000 simleons!!!! Confusedmileysurprised:

for upgrade a little piece of roads to 6 lanes, 18.000 simleons!!!! Confusedmileysurprised:

for a little police station 11.000 simleons!!! Confusedmileysurprised:

for an hospital 46.000 simleons Confusedmileyfrustrated:

when you solve a sim request, another one appears and your simleons is not enough....

when you begin a city with this game, your time is spent to run after the simleons.

the taxes is poor, the buisness with HQ is not enough for have simleons

and the citizens requests are too fast respect your buisness and you must to use sim cash.

boring game.

Message 8 of 12 (3,163 Views)

★ Guide

i try to fill as many requests as possible but the amounts are very low.

Sell the items in the trade depot. You will be able to ask max price for the item and generally they will sell fast.

Message 9 of 12 (3,139 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The flipside of all this is that when you get further info the game you'll have simoleons coming out of your ears. I remember those early stages, when I had to scrimp and save and trade to get enough together to buy a single hospital or whatever; but after a certain point you just build up a massive balance and there isn't really anything you can't afford, but you can never find the things you want so don't really spend much.

Message 10 of 12 (3,129 Views)