Re: storage..

by TheAlphadog76

Original Post

storage..

★★★★ Novice

I have noticed that even when storage is full chat bubbles in your city can still give you the upgrade, expansion or Dr vu items as though there was an available spot.so why is it then that when we have 10-15 of those items already in storage, they actually take up space? I think they should have their own actual storage so they don't take up useful space in city storage..

Message 1 of 7 (3,461 Views)

★ Guide

Well, they could have made it so that you just lose the item if storage is full. That would be more appropriate than suggesting that a pile of bulldozer parts has zero mass. Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (3,389 Views)

★ Guide

Perfect point. It's sort of ridiculous that Nails and watches take the same mass as dozer wheels. Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (3,365 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In my opinion, the user should have a storage facility for the items produced by their factories and a separate storage facility for their actual storage facility and zone expansion items.  It is ludicrous how much storage facility space is taken up by the facility and expansion items after you have over 100,000 people.  Having a separate storage facility at least keeps these numerous items from bloating the factory storage facility.  EA could still make money from SimCash if and when the player chooses to expand either one of the storage facilities.

Message 4 of 7 (3,315 Views)

★ Guide

True, they could be separate.  But personally, I think of it like this: balancing your storage needs is part of the challenge of the game. Many people post requests/demands (depending on tone) about making the game easier to play, but if all of these were implemented, the game would be completely pointless.

Deciding whether to sell off goods to make room for expansion parts (or vice versa), strategizing to maximize your upgrade efficiency within the limits of your storage capacity, is one of the aspects that keeps the game from being a completely mindless clickfest.

Just my personal feeling on the matter, of course. Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (3,191 Views)

★★ Novice
Good point
Message 6 of 7 (3,017 Views)

★ Guide
They just upgraded storage to 350, I thought 250 was pretty good, when I get to 350 I dunno what I am gonna do with all that space. I also appreciate that I don't lose thought bubble items even if storage is full. Good job EA keep it up.
Message 7 of 7 (2,890 Views)