skycrapers in simcity build it

by OMEGAMAX10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

skycrapers in simcity build it

★ Newbie
How can I build the biggest skycrapers like Daniels's city? I have the small skycrapers, with the +1836 population.What ahoul I do do increase the population of these little "skycrapers"?
Message 1 of 12 (117,815 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: skycrapers in simcity build it

★ Apprentice

better buildings, including cool scrapers are indeed created when city value increases, you can check the land value in the residential menu, 2nd tab

also if you want t o know if your building will be standard/premium or luxury you can check that also in the residential menu, 3rd tab

from personal experience before i upgrade a home, i check if it its luxury property, if it isnt, i move it in the city to a place where it becomes luxury and only then i upgrade it Wink this has helped pop up some cool scrapers Wink

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (136,847 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Skyscrapers change when your city gets larger and when you use specialty items like education, gambling, landmarks, etc.

Message 2 of 12 (117,426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@darkamper wrote:

Skyscrapers change when your city gets larger and when you use specialty items like education, gambling, landmarks, etc.

You'd have to demolish the pre-existing old skyscrapers and rebuild as "modern" right?  I didn't think a building changes on its own without an upgrade or rebuild.

Message 3 of 12 (117,118 Views)

★ Apprentice

better buildings, including cool scrapers are indeed created when city value increases, you can check the land value in the residential menu, 2nd tab

also if you want t o know if your building will be standard/premium or luxury you can check that also in the residential menu, 3rd tab

from personal experience before i upgrade a home, i check if it its luxury property, if it isnt, i move it in the city to a place where it becomes luxury and only then i upgrade it Wink this has helped pop up some cool scrapers Wink

Message 4 of 12 (136,848 Views)

★★ Apprentice

All buildings contain 1836 population, the only way to up the population is through specialization boosts. 

In order to get to the luxurios homes, you can read the post here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-General/Wealth-Forecast-Luxurious/m-p/4208332#U4208332

Message 5 of 12 (117,047 Views)

★ Guide

You don't need to demolich the building. If you have a maxed out building and put some specialization, new upgrades will pop and you'll get taller buildings.

Message 6 of 12 (116,956 Views)

★★ Novice

I wa able to build glassy skyscrapers once I added transportation coverage (in my case I added the Helipot first). Here's a view of my progress:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a145f1uba

Message 7 of 12 (116,949 Views)

★ Novice

I would like to have more of the Kelly Towers building.

Is there a way to do that - some trick or something?

Or are they only available at a certain level?

Thanks, Carol

Message 8 of 12 (101,267 Views)

★ Apprentice

You really have no control over the final sky scraper design other than if it we built in a fantastic area that jade great land value...I found out that after I built my skyscraper , I would later move it off that site and could build another in the high valued spot.

the same goes for other building but I find the skyscrapers to be rather boring after you have so many clustered together.

Message 9 of 12 (97,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello players!

i too have this problem but i am not sure of the answer. i think you need to be level 24 to unlock epic projects to build skyscrapers and all that stuff.

you also need to have dark orange coulour on your residential zones' welath forecast (tap the residential icon and then the third button).

this my expirence. hope it helps! happpppppy playing!!!!!Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (86,570 Views)