Re: i'm quitting Simcity buildit

by LedZepNut

Original Post

i'm quitting Simcity buildit

★★ Novice
On level 37. Spent some real cash to advance game. Was going to spend some more but it isnt worth it. GHQ is useless. Can't Buy just about anything and sick and tired of the Llama * of bookeeping not being good. Can also only get 1 Key for VU disasters. It takes a lot of items for 1 key. Not worth it anymore. The challenge and fun has been taken out. Can't buy anything from other cities where airports are being built. The game lags so badly you have to skip over those cities. This means if you build an airport, other players can't buy from you. With the additon of another extension it is becoming like Farmville. Requirements for rebuilding distaers are ridiculous. Even if you request new plans, they are equally as unreasonable. And again for only 1 key. Items are expensive and extremely time consuming to build. Such a pity. Game could be so much fun. Requirements and glitches that are unresolves just too much now. I have seen so many posts with complaints, all the same. EA not listening to players. GAME NOT FUN ANYMORE
Message 1 of 10 (5,930 Views)

★★★ Novice

I completely agree and understand. The game is so frustrating which takes the fun out of it. I wish they would have charged $5 for the game and not made it so difficult to purchase items Frown l myself am close to uninstalling it just as l don't play the new simcity because of limited size of the small cities. I'm going back to playing the best simcity. It has all l need for passing time

Message 2 of 10 (5,886 Views)

★ Apprentice
If you have a airport you can collectie special items for your Tokio residents. The problem is it takes 18hours for 1 special item. So to make a Tokio skyscraper it takes at least 90 hours of your patiente or a lot of money. So the fun is out of the game. EA is censoring my reaction
Message 3 of 10 (5,858 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I came home today and logged into my city and had an urge to bulldoze it and uninstall. 

Ship dock requested items were obviously patched to be more extreme, why? So people will spend money.

Vu disasters have been nerfed and require way too many mats now, why? So people will spend money.

Airport and Tokyo residences requirements on top of wait times are extreme, why? So people will spend money.

Bulldoze exploit was patched(actually agree with this) but why was it patched? Of course so people will spend more money.

I am equally disgusted with gamers as I am with EA. The only reason these companies get away with this disgusting freemium bs is because people will pay. Its not just EA, just about every single iOS/android game has taken this freemium route. I do my part by never spending a single penny on any of these games, simcity buildit included. I have not nor will ever pay one single cent for this game. I would have happily paid 5-15$ upfront for the game if there were zero micro purchases.

Do not fool yourself * Facebook * with farmville paved the way for this new generation of pay pay pay for games to not waste your time, and companies took note and formulated how to make you pay them to not waste your time with their games. When I was a kid companies did everything they could to make a good game that you actually wanted to play, and no they didn't make your pay again and again.

It is a sad scenario that gamers if they can even be called that anymore, as it seems backwards to me to pay to play less, have made a new generation of companies looking to line their pockets repeatedly off the same game while having you play the game less.

Message 4 of 10 (5,737 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

+XP button on OP seems broken, too, so I "me too'd" it instead... tho I'd NEVER consider paying cash to skip part of a game, myself.

Message 5 of 10 (5,709 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, EA is going about this all wrong.  I am not in love with Freemium, but understand it is all about the $$$$.

I believe they would make more money if they offered boosters, instead of (or in addition) buying items.

Sell temporary boosters that:

1. Speed up factory or store queues by X% for a certain period of time.
  2. Boost Tax Revenue by X% for a certain period of time.
  3. Boost Thought Bubble rewards by X% for a certain period of time.
  4. Have special events like Carnival.  You get a temporary boost in your hotels (revenue), thought bubble rewards, etc.  Personally, I would rather spend keys collected.  I understand that this is more of a feature enhancement, but I might as well put this out there.

At least with 1 -3, you can easily implement this and probably get more cash.

@Evilized6666 wrote:

I came home today and logged into my city and had an urge to bulldoze it and uninstall. 

Ship dock requested items were obviously patched to be more extreme, why? So people will spend money.

Vu disasters have been nerfed and require way too many mats now, why? So people will spend money.

Airport and Tokyo residences requirements on top of wait times are extreme, why? So people will spend money.

Bulldoze exploit was patched(actually agree with this) but why was it patched? Of course so people will spend more money.

Message 6 of 10 (5,704 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're all responsible for this nightmare of a game... SHEEP

I bought some in game currency but now I'm frustrated, wahhh... well guess what, so did everyone else and they quit the game making room for new players to do the same.

Why would they sell you a great game that you can play forever at a reasonable price, when they can make a totally garbage game that will draw you in, charge you outrageous prices for in-game currency and items only to leave you frustrated and moving on to the next game to do the same thing over again.

I want to start a revolution where all of you sheeple and drones follow me into battle and destroy this new age video gaming scam that developers are running.... charge me a fixed price for the damned game, period. Stop this madness already.

Down with the new age business model of tyrant developers!

Message 7 of 10 (5,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Created an account to say I totally agree on this. As I have already accomplished almost all the "goals" I had set for myself, and,  I have just a little bit more to go before I hit level 30, I'll most probably semi-retire after this. Logging in just to collect my tax revenue. Shipping is getting really ridiculous and pretty time consuming. Used to be able to get 3 keys in a day, but since the recent upgrade, I can barely get a single key in a day.  5 green smoothies (Bad enough they're not easy to make), 5 Bread rolls, 128 pieces of iron etc. Thanks but no thanks. Tokyo town is a really bad joke, I so confidently opened up 2Tokyo RZs without thinking that I should have just started with 1 first. Just to test the waters. Then there is Global Trade HQ. Nothing I need to say that hasn't been said. In fact it feels like it's even worse off now.

Until all of the above is fixed, there's not much fun in continuing anymore and creating new personal goals. Adios EA!

Message 8 of 10 (5,610 Views)

★ Guide

I have an idea. Let's all write to EA and demand that they give us everything we need exactly whe nwe want it. Like 10 each of expansion items and city storage items everyday. Then maybe have the time to manufacture everything down to one minute, just like it does to make iron. Then there won't be a need for a global trade market or we wouldn't have to create groups to exchange items with each other. Then we can all build our little cities to full capacity in one week without really having to try hard. Just like real life is

Message 9 of 10 (5,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@dawngrabe Not sure if someone from EA reads this but if so: For the love of God, just create a version with a one off payment and let us play. I’d rather pay whatever I would normally pay for a computer game and have fund with it rather than just quitting because it gets ridiculous with my time management.
Message 10 of 10 (1,352 Views)