how I hate shield buster knock out combo, let me count the ways

by knits12

Original Post

how I hate shield buster knock out combo, let me count the ways

★ Apprentice

that has to be the worst ever..... I was happy with shield busters , as in , I can at least finish my war tasks for challenges and possibly win. But the knock out? what is the point? 

The last 6 wars, the other teams have scored "0",."0", 1200, "0", well you get the point...right now...100. We are in arena 4

All these teams do, is wait for the counter to get close to zero and one comes out. So you are still sitting there looking at the other shielding team, hoping this boring war can be over sooner, but it never is. Even during flash wars, you still sit there for 6 hours hoping they don't come out. This team even has in their description that "it is a club to collect war supplies."

WHY on earth did they not put something in place were at least half of the other team doesn't score, the war is over! that would have been so much better!!!!

All they accomplished is that non deserving teams try to take the win from you in the last 5 minutes of the game by putting you under the shield. Including hackers that have unlimited supplies using the quack. So dumb. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,275 Views)

Re: how I hate shield buster knock out combo, let me count the ways

★★★ Guide

Seems a lot of the issue is combining war with com.   It would save lots of really bad wars If it wasn't the case.  Most would be for separating the 2.   I dont do com,  but I get boring wars cause of it.   And yes,   countdown clock is kind d of lol.   We know your pain.

It's a way out, it doesn't mean teams are nice about it

Message 2 of 12 (1,241 Views)

★ Apprentice

appreciate you sympathizing :-) It used to be the problem was that it was teams that only want to do com, but not anymore. With needing a gazillion ducks, gazillion gas cans and so on, either because you have to bust , or trying to put whole team under, or com, we run into a lot of teams that have created a club to sorely collect war items. They don't attack, and they just sit there, the entire time. We cycle up to A5 in about 3 month (?) because we might have 4 wars were they are actually fighting.

I think they have broken both. I used to be mainly into war, now i'm less and less into either....I left my level 6 club, because its "to expensive" and no point. its hard for me to motivate people to do com, because the top prizes is the only prize to go for, and they are way too hard to get. Its always the same people getting it in my league, and i'm always at least 20-30 thousand behind top people regardless what I do.

Season's have help some with the final price being the 1400, but when i look how much time i spend getting there, including green sim....i think i break even....so why do it? getting really disenchanted with the whole game, to the point, like many, to just build my population so i can open my final region. Sad really....

Message 3 of 12 (1,241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@knits12EA has let hackers get out of control in both, EA needs to fix it. Maybe they dont know how?

Message 4 of 12 (1,229 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Duckups I'm sure that is a big part of the problem. As far as war, instead of stupid knock down. War should be over if it at least half of the team hasn't scored any points with in first couple hours of war (not sure what a good number would be...)
Message 5 of 12 (1,216 Views)

★ Expert

@knits12 I appreciate your poetic reference, it adds flavor. @Duckups is correct this has a great deal to do with war assignments in CoM and I just completed a post on this specific topic and just now reading this thread. Part of the solution is reduce the length of the war games and minimize the pain. Some clubs have incorporated an adaptation of the “run and hide“ strategy by simply doing just enough to stay in the game with all intentions of coming out at the last minute and bubble your team for the win...it still predominantly feeds off the boredom factor by wearing down a team’s patience...

Message 6 of 12 (1,198 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley Helps to have 20 who dont stay down, lol
Message 7 of 12 (1,182 Views)

★ Expert

@Duckups  Absolutely, if everyone is on the same page and you’re not dealing with hackers.

Message 8 of 12 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley Every war is hackers. We are number 35 in war. Every war, ea boots some or most of the other team
Message 9 of 12 (1,145 Views)

★ Apprentice

Exactly, that's the new strategy. Although this war, like the last...oh I don't even know...Can't tell that the other team is even going to play at all. Looks like one might be rebuilding after war started over 12 hours ago.

I should have added: and than there is the "one item" at a time war stuff transfer...what is the point???? i'm so sick of trying to collect supply for quack, as required by com, by having someone put up one duck at a time...until i have 10 (or 9) . Than they shouldn't have war cards that need 5+ items of one thing...stupid, just stupid! I want to rip my hair out. 

I miss jack pots from team mates (yeah, unfortunately, they throw first than announce) trying to assembly something to throw for my highest ranking war cards

Message 10 of 12 (1,127 Views)