by PinnacleValley

Original Post

Re: Proof that she didn't have to cheat

★★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley Smart kid who can hide it from the parents
Message 41 of 63 (940 Views)

★ Expert

@Duckups  Perhaps you’re right, but denial is not just a river in Africa.

Message 42 of 63 (932 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

There seems to be some misunderstanding about the information that presupposes your thoughts, so let me supplement it first.

・Material of the previous thread
We have not submitted it to EA at the initial stage.
Immediately after being banned, I was in a panic anyway.
I have repeatedly contacted EA saying, "Please return it soon."
Even though it was said that the investigation would take time. I am reflecting on this.
The answer came right after the reminder, but the EA told me that my daughter's city is cheating, so her city can't go back to a normal server.
Perhaps because I was in a hurry, it made the EA staff impatient and made a false decision.

・How we play
I think you pointed out how to earn the contest, but we have already confirmed it with EA.
Since there are people who use the same technique as us, I asked if it was a bad technique for the contest.
There was no response from EA, but after that, the opponent's case changed.
This time I was told that trading accounts is prohibited.
I haven't said anything about how to earn the contest, so I don't think it's a problem.

・My daughter's city
My daughter's city is installed on my terminal. No one can access my device without my fingerprint.
When my daughter touched the terminal, she was always with me.
There is nothing hidden to be done.

I'm interacting with EA every day, but I've lost contact with the latest EA.
I'll let you know if anything changes.
Message 43 of 63 (869 Views)

★ Expert

@pcrnroo3  Let me state clearly there is no confusion or misunderstanding on my part...I knew exactly what’s taking place from everything you shared in your very first post - I’ve seen it too many times. Thanks for confirming what I shared with @Duckups - denial is a terrible thing...and as I am in no way affiliated with EA, I can simply state the chances of your daughter’s city being reinstated is similar to that of a snowball in the Mojave desert. It’s not going to happen so it’s time to accept it and move on.

The more you try to explain the more you confirm my initial impression was correct. You now confirmed you are using a terminal (computer most likely using the emulator bluestacks commonly used by many hackers) and your daughter can only get on with your fingerprint which confirms you were complacent (allowed it to happen) whether you realized it or not...if she is a minor as you stated you are 100% accountable for the illegal activity.

I would strongly suggest you accept this as a life lesson...if you cheat (whether you agree it was or not) there are repercussions and you are facing them now. Perhaps it’s best to let go before a deeper hole is dug.

One very positive point has come out of this discussion and I thank you for confirming that EA stated “trading accounts are prohibited“...I have been sharing this simple fact (feeder cities) for some time and have received much abuse for it...it’s nice to see it was actually addressed in this situation. I wish you a good day.

Message 44 of 63 (862 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PinnacleValley Thank you for your comment many times.
I'm not good at English, so I'm sorry if I don't understand it well.

We have repeatedly said that we are not hacking, but I got the impression that you didn't believe it. However, since others do not know the fact, it is unavoidable that they do not understand. This is very sad.
In terms of not hacking, we will talk to EA in the future.

The terminal I was playing at the time was a smartphone.
By including a multi-account app called paralel space, we were able to install two cities with one smartphone. I've also told EA, but nothing has been said.
For the time being as a supplement.

Sorry to trouble you, but let me check only the following points.
You're focused on prohibiting account trading, right?
Was it that I and my daughter playing together seemed to sell me an account to her?

Certainly, the terms of use have a word that prohibits buying and selling accounts.
But I don't think it's the case for family co-op.
EA has told me to recreate her account.
However, if family co-op play is prohibited, I wonder if it would be impossible to create a new town after all.

By the way, the EA told me that it violates the following rules.
The EA seemed to have suspected of a cache hack. So EA seemed to think that if we weren't hacking, we might have bought a cache hacked account.

---------------
USER AGREEMENT
---------------
Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA.
Message 45 of 63 (844 Views)

★ Expert

@pcrnroo3  It doesn’t matter what I believe or not. EA stated the following (from the prior thread) that you shared:

“Now coming to your issue regarding your account we have investigated this and confirmed that the game rules have been violated at your end in regards to the disaster card level in your city. Unfortunately, we won't be able to move back your city to the normal server. As already mentioned in our previous response we have cross-checked with our expert's and they have positively confirmed to us that you have broken the rules by hacking the game to get resources. So please uninstall and reinstall the game, ensure that you install a version from a legitimate source, and start over using a brand-new social connection. Let me share with you we have checked with our team and they have confirmed that your city was in violation of Terms of Services due to which your city was banned.“ 

It doesn’t get much clearer...EA has determined and confirmed that hacking tools were used to get resources. Everything you have shared supports that conclusion. It does not matter how many different ways you try to spin it...it’s cheating and she got caught. Please understand taking these “shortcuts” has denied others that played fairly their well deserved prize. This action is dishonest, disrespectful and disgraceful. You’re obviously a very bright individual, so the real question is how will she and you choose to move forward.

Message 46 of 63 (799 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PinnacleValley wonder if it was 2 on one device, or 2 in general helping each other .. ie feeder.

Maybe emulating. We can guess and never know, but they arent winning. Start over

Message 47 of 63 (832 Views)

★ Expert

@Duckups  Within her prior post she shared they were using parallel space which is an app that allows an individual to sign in two different accounts on a single android device at the same time. Extremely useful for a feeder city but that’s apparently not how it was used. There are many things shared that indicates suspect behavior beyond the hacking tools. My guess is if a thorough investigation took place there would be further consequences. That’s the reason I strongly suggest learn from your mistake(s) and move on. 

Message 48 of 63 (812 Views)

★ Expert

@roccodonovan8  Sadly they should...there’s been enough shared in these 2 threads that certainly warrants an investigation. Take care, good to see you.

Message 49 of 63 (1,050 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PinnacleValley Thank you for your comment.

Paralelspace and emulators are seen by others like that. Thank you for the information.
Perhaps the EA's misjudgment may be the operating environment. Check with EA about the operating environment.
It helped me by giving me advice from a point of view that I could not notice by myself.

Even so, the idea of ​​tools is difficult.
I was surprised that the way I was thinking was completely different from the way other people think.
However, it may be unavoidable because people have different perspectives.
For example, kitchen knives are used to cut ingredients during normal cooking.
But from a different perspective, kitchen knives can be seen as a tool to hurt people. This time, I was able to understand the difference in my perspective from others.
I would be grateful if the operation could be reviewed.
We hope that you will be able to tell us what EA saw and how EA made its decisions during the investigation.
Message 50 of 63 (1,041 Views)