Re: buying at trade depot needs a lot of improvement

by FireflyTX

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

I've sold items for 1 coin just to try to get people into my trade depot when it gets stuck.  Usually raw materials such as metal that don't take long to make are the best choice for this, however.  I've complained elsewhere about the trade depot locking up with nothing selling for a couple days (about 48 hours) until Mayor Daniel buys it for the listed price.

@Sled14 wrote:
Somewhat related, what's with people selling a ton of something for either 1 coin or a lot? For example, someone selling 99,998 cameras for 99,999 coins? Been seeing more and more of this lately

Message 11 of 27 (723 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@agb017 wrote:

Welcome to Global Trade HQ - where everything you see for sale....has already been sold :-(

I must disagree!  I found something still there... once!

OK, more than once, but it is still a rarity.  Even worse is when the item appears to be there but is gone when you click on the button to purchase it.  You still get charged for the item, but never receive it.

Message 12 of 27 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just don't understand why EA won't address this situation or at least give us a "we understand, we are working on this". Why would someone want to spend real money on a game that has this major issue. 

Message 13 of 27 (706 Views)

★★ Apprentice

EA might too embarrassed to admit the problem. Game even crashes here if I visit the Trade Depot too many times.

As for the "paid but not received" that doesn't happen to me but I do sometimes hear the sucking sound and see that my coins are taken, but when the not-available screen pops up, the coins get put back so it doesn't actually cost anything in the end.

Anyone losing coins to this and not getting them put back should probably submit some kind of official complaint. But where exactly we report bugs or technical details I have no idea. This board looks like a shopfront to keep us from bothering the employees. :)

Message 14 of 27 (677 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm lvl 38 still on my city and whenever I need to buy anything on the global trade hw I feel frustrated. I can't never buy anything I need there!!! I've just spent 48 minutes trying to buy an item to expand my city and I couldn't.... And I'm missing one piece! Only one!! I spend more time trying to find something to buy on the global trade hq than really playing and enjoying the game. It should really has something like a search where we could type the name of the item we want and get a result.
Message 15 of 27 (668 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@RippenStorm wrote:

Anyone losing coins to this and not getting them put back should probably submit some kind of official complaint. But where exactly we report bugs or technical details I have no idea. This board looks like a shopfront to keep us from bothering the employees. :)

Use the form below for contacting ea:

https://simcity-buildit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 16 of 27 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

any updat eon this? EA can you give us 1 reply that you know its not good and you working on it? Or you going to ignore us again, like almost always???

Message 17 of 27 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It angers me daily, more and more, but I think it works exactly as EA intends it to work.

The Trade Center is like a Baby-Busy-Box to keep us entertained (?) while waiting for our city to cook the items we need. Sometimes we get what we need, but generally we are supposed to get frustrated and use in-game currency to rush the items, and then use real money to buy more in-game currency. That is the business model. The game sucks because it hampered by design, by accountants. The game devs can't "fix" it because it isn't broken.

I used to see a flood of Vu items in the store, until I built the Vu Tower, and now I see a flood of Glass or Steel. The game knows exactly which items mean the most to me when I go to the store and no matter what I need, it usually shows me  only items I don't need. Sometimes it teases me with an item I'm looking for, but when I visit that city's Trade panel it is gone, or if it's still showing, I click on it and it's magically unavailable.

Apparently we are allowed to use the Trade Center to obtain a few items each day. It should be obvious to us when it will not work properly, rather than make us tap and slide those panels so many times before giving up with a curse aimed at EA.

EA: you want to earn money. I want you to earn money. But this part of an otherwise fantastic game is a huge insult to the people you want money from. Stop treating us like babies and show us how many free items we are allowed per day so we can plan our city, or make it obvious that the Trade Center is "closed for repairs" rather than just make us frustrated and angry.

Or tell us how much real money you need so we can play the game as it should be played. I don't want to buy (with real money) a single piece of the city (I want to earn or "trade" the parts in the game, not buy my way to the end), but I will gladly pay cash to keep the servers running.

Message 18 of 27 (563 Views)

★★ Novice

it needs an item filter!

Message 19 of 27 (509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, IT HAS A FILTER ALREADY that works the opposite from the one you want.

The item filter you requested won't help much because the store refuses to sell you the items you need. See my previous post. The store is intentionally HIDING the items you need most, except a few times a day.

Agreed that the filter you request would seem to be useful, but ONLY because the store right now is not behaving like a normal store. If it didn't already filter out the items we need, we would happily be able to find them quickly enough. Trading would be fun.

Blame the accountants who are trying to increase your frustration so you will use currency to speed up the game.

I would rather pay a subscription fee to keep the company running than Pay-To-Win. How stupid is that. I could just pay to build a city in a day, I suppose, but that's No Fun At All. I like the challenge the game provides except that the store is very badly managed by malicious evil accountants.

Message 20 of 27 (502 Views)