Why is Global Trade HQ so awful? Suggest real auctions....

by Keithustus

Original Post

Re: Why is Global Trade HQ so awful? Suggest real auctions....

★★★ Newbie

There are no suggestions that could make this steaming pile of dung better. Global trade makes me turn the game off and play something else. Fix it. 

Message 31 of 53 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Its also hard to find items like flour bags or fruit and berries. Perhaps adding advance search.

Message 32 of 53 (1,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There remain a few things about the GTHQ that I continue to find difficult.  I can understand its use as a watered-down equivalent of the one used in SimCity, though its implementation still leaves little to be desired.

Following the update to a 30-second refresh, I have a number of suggestions that would make it more functional than it currently is:

1. Improve optimisation – considering how long it can take for the game to decide whether an item is even still available or not (in my case, up to half-time on some items), I think it goes without saying this should be a priority.
  2. A larger trade window – when you're in the GTHQ, you can't perform any other operations with the game, so people should be able to see all the items on offer rather than having to scroll the listings for them.  This improvement should also be done to City Storage, which works the same way.
  3. Remove "travel" for trading – the purpose of this is really irritating, given it can take anywhere up to 10 seconds to actually reach the city selling the items!  Though I wouldn't mind it for use with other duties in future updates (delegating your services to neighbours, for example), it's current application is putting people off.
  4. Bigger servers – according to a report released by EA this-January, the game allegedly gets 725,000 new users per day.  However, a lot of the trading I do seem to be with the same people, suggesting players only connect to each other within a few miles of their GPS location.  It would be great if players instead connected to larger, regional servers to accommodate better trading possibilities.
  5. Advanced filter – like everyone else, I want to be able to purchase a specific thing instead of endlessly "trolling" the GTHQ for hours, just to get one, difficult item for a recipe or upgrading.  An advanced filter would certainly alleviate most people's complaints.
Message 33 of 53 (1,527 Views)

★★★★ Novice
GPS?

Lol...

The cities don't have locations, and there is no travel, only server timers added to increase in-game time, and time-outs due to server overloads.
Message 34 of 53 (1,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

From what I've seen, servers only seem to accommodate communication between you and 20 other users at any time.  If they ever do add advanced filtering, this would screen out items you're not looking to purchase.

I think that when they remove travel to other cities, it should provide a subsection of other items that city sells if they have asked those items to be advertised.  If the item no longer exists, however, the system should replace it with stock from another city that also sells it.  The amount of items you can advertise before waiting should also be increased to 2.

Message 35 of 53 (1,500 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Hyncharas wrote:
  • Remove "travel" for trading – the purpose of this is really irritating, given it can take anywhere up to 10 seconds to actually reach the city selling the items!  Though I wouldn't mind it for use with other duties in future updates (delegating your services to neighbours, for example), it's current application is putting people off.
  • Bigger servers – according to a report released by EA this-January, the game allegedly gets 725,000 new users per day.  However, a lot of the trading I do seem to be with the same people, suggesting players only connect to each other within a few miles of their GPS location.  It would be great if players instead connected to larger, regional servers to accommodate better trading possibilities.

Agree on removing travel as part of the trading features of the game.  While travel certainly has a place in this game, it's not as part of the trading system.  Also, some players have reported much more than 10 second load times -- it all depends on their internet speed.

I'd take the previously-reported per-day increase in players with a grain of salt.  The game came out in December 2014 and was heavily advertised at first, but I'd really want to see updated figures before relying on that number.  As for GPS locations, I see a lot of cties with Asian characters in their names, and a lot of players with Cyrillic characters as well, so it seems unlikely that I'm seeing localized results in the Trade Depot.  Your mileage may differ. Confusedmileyhappy:

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 36 of 53 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BasinCity wrote:
GPS?

Lol...

The cities don't have locations, and there is no travel, only server timers added to increase in-game time, and time-outs due to server overloads.

While I disagree with the suggestion that it is involved with the game, players do have GPS in many devices.  Not every device that can play this game has GPS, of course, but many are playing on tablets and phones that have this capability.

Travel is a reference to the fact that when players make purchases from the Global HQ, they must first load the selling player's city into their device, thus "traveling" to that city. Confusedmileyhappy:

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 37 of 53 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I DON"T UNDERSTAND!!! YOU ARE EA!!!!!  FIX THIS STUPID AUCTION HOUSE!!! YOUR LOSING PEOPLE THAT WANT TO PLAY!!!

THIS PROBLEM IS LITERALLY THE MOST FRUSTRATING PROBLEM I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN A GAME!!

I REALLY ENJOY THIS GAME!  BUT THE AUCTION HOUSE IS RUINING THE FUN!  

Why even let people set the price they want to charge for an item?  We all know when we want something we don't care about the price because we don't have time to look at the price!  It is simply, SEE IT, BUY IT QUICK before someone else does!!!  YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE MENTALITY SUCKS!

FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!FIX FIX FIX!

Message 38 of 53 (1,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've simply stopped playing because of this. The cynic in me wonders if it's intentionally bad to try and force you to use the purchase with cash option. After several sessions of trying for an hour to purchase 3 "bulldoze scopes" I gave up. I've now uninstalled the game. I'll check back in a few months but I don't hold out hope. 

Message 39 of 53 (1,415 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If they were trying to reduce server loads, EPIC FAIL!  I have to reload the GTHQ repeatedly, probably 100 times, to be able to purchase the one item I need, rather than just going and buying it in one refresh.

Message 40 of 53 (1,381 Views)