Why are people dropping down in club wars

by meteorlady

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why are people dropping down in club wars

★★★★ Novice

We r currently in our second war where a clun has been really highly ranked n dropped down. Now they r shielded n won’t come out since yesterday. They work on person n feed them so we can’t fight. We worked hard to honestly get to the next level only to find this. It takes all the fun out of the game n now we r dropped down a level. I think EA should heal under shield cities after 12 hours.

In our case this club never gave us a chance to get in the game n we finally just hit the last guy to stop his attacking. Not fun n a waste of time.

Message 1 of 5 (1,796 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why are people dropping down in club wars

★ Guide

Easier, better odds of winning, less time demand, and earn war simoleons to pay for harder wars.  It’s part of a broader strategy.  Also, when you’re faced with the scenario described one of the reasons they may be hiding behind domes is their winning score is close to yours.  Do the math, if you can’t win don’t dome all their shooters - sit back, let them build a larger lead, and there’s a decent chance the war will open up again if you let them stay comfortably ahead.  Done right open wars are fun for both sides.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,744 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Easier, better odds of winning, less time demand, and earn war simoleons to pay for harder wars.  It’s part of a broader strategy.  Also, when you’re faced with the scenario described one of the reasons they may be hiding behind domes is their winning score is close to yours.  Do the math, if you can’t win don’t dome all their shooters - sit back, let them build a larger lead, and there’s a decent chance the war will open up again if you let them stay comfortably ahead.  Done right open wars are fun for both sides.

Message 2 of 5 (1,745 Views)

★★ Guide

@NerfProbe 

That’s what I was thinking when fighting one of our opponents. I even repaired on jackpot to widen the lead! Guess what, they refused to come out with a 30k lead. This is like the most cowardly team I had ever seen.

If the opponents are not up to the mark, they will not come out no matter what.

Message 3 of 5 (1,708 Views)

★★ Guide
Update: as of now, I had encountered four teams that shielded up despite the huge lead of 30k~40k! I don’t mind losing since I had lost countless of times, but it is incredibly frustrating to let such lame, lousy teams win. They don’t deserve the win, but fundamental system flaws in wars allow it to be that way. This is ridiculous.

Yes, I’m at fault also for allowing such lame teams to get lead and they can cheer themselves for winning through the so-called “strategy”. I knew what they were going to do to get the lead, but chose not to use my best attacks and boosts because those wars are filler wars to us. I didn’t expect to encounter so many lousy teams that simply can’t manage to keep attacking till end of war.

I had learnt my lesson. Not going to assume our opponents are quality teams who can keep fighting. Even for filler wars, I’m going to give them a hard time instead of letting them have easy wins and think they are so good when they are not.

And why bother to have 2 days war when everything is over within the first hour of war? And there are so many teams that shield up for 30 hours?

For goodness’ sake, just make wars last 8 hours. 6 hours of preparation and 2 hours of war. It will be more fun. At least this way, I don’t have the chance to find out if my opponents are too lame to continue fighting. Most importantly of all, I don’t need to stare at shields and hope in futile that they will come out.
Message 4 of 5 (1,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am on a team that is incredibly good at opening big lead in the first hour. It's a very good strategy to use and it contributes to many wins. With that said, if we get too far ahead we put our Discord information in our city description and ask for open war. Open war is fun and it gets you and them a lot of war goodies and possibly bigger and better chest. Most teams in the L5 know this, but some do not know, or some just don't want to play. It requires a lot of trust on both sides. You cannot use freezes, duds, umbrellas and you can JP yourself and rebuild when the hit you so that you have an "open" JP running until it expires time, and they can hit you as much as they want to and you can just keep rebuilding and collecting war items. Same works on the other side, we JP them, or they JP themselves, and if they keep rebuilding we keep hitting so they can collect items for next war and get chests. It's a win win for both teams and it keeps the war interesting and fun. Hope that helps you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,295 Views)