Re: What item do you find turns the fastest profit in the Trade Depot

by tmccool1

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

ImFrizzleFry wrote:

Anything from the hardware store should sell (especially shovels).

I'm at level 20 and I'm constantly waiting for the hardware store to spit out the next hammer or shovel and I can never find these in the Global Frustration Headquarters.

Nice name for it! 

I'm finding that things are selling to my neighbors rather than there. No one who's not a neighbor buys anything. But the moment I see the rare hardware store stuff there, I'm clicking like mad.

My thought is to open one of these type of threads here: I need some nails and you got some boards, let's trade! And if you got a shovel or a hammer, all the better. Confusedmileytongue: Wonder if that would work?

Message 11 of 25 (9,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Storage and Land expansion items are always sold well , simply because they are not mass produced by any mean. People needs to click those blue pop-up and pray. And also, bigger cities will have more income from tax, trade and less time to click the pop-up, so buying from smaller cities are easier.

Message 12 of 25 (9,230 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Some stuff, although are hard to make, don't sell well. (I always sell at max price ;p)
I've experimented with a few things.

- Donuts are not in demand as they are always available.
- Flour is a half half, may work, may not. Demand is iffy.
- High demand for : Grass, Chairs, Shovels and Hammers.

Also, I sell at full price because if nobody buys, after a couple of days, AI will so no biggie.
Message 13 of 25 (9,234 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Never drop anything from the Depot. In about 3 days, Daniel will show up and buy your goods.

Message 14 of 25 (9,206 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

When I first had the capability to manufacture minerals, I sold them in the depot and they went like hotcakes. Maybe it was because a lot of others were in the same point in the game as me. Tables sell pretty quickly. I put a smoothie up one day and it went in minutes. No one buys donuts because everyone has jacked up the price waiting for Daniel to buy them. Anything that helps expand your storage or buy land expansions are hot hot hot. I have trouble buying those and I never sell them. 

Message 15 of 25 (9,209 Views)

★★ Novice

Mostly I'm targeting high demand, high price items that I can buy cheaply.

I find I make on average 1500-2000 Simoleons per stack of 10 items and they shift pretty quickly! I traded something like 50k in about 30mins.

I've put together a short video to share these Trading Tips over on YouTube!

Message 16 of 25 (8,901 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Now that I have everything unlocked, I craft glue and buy cement to make gnomes, craft drills to make couches, and with extra materials make sneakers, suits, fries, and TVs. I make about 100k a day I guess, including the 20k taxes. I also make a few coins reselling items I find selling low on the global market, esp the more expensive items.

Message 17 of 25 (8,709 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Flour Bags make the most coin in the shortest time at 19 coins per minute. Nails come 2nd at 16 coins per minute. Everyone plays at different times for different lengths, so make what's more efficient for you.

Both Flour Bags and Nails can be produced together easily, and should sell full price no problem

If you use SimCash to unlock Trade Slots (10 each), then selling should never halt. I have 20 slots at present. Don't forget to let you Club Members know.

Happy building.
Message 18 of 25 (5,916 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have issues selling anything really. I've read and learned that nails are quick, easy, and sell quick. Chairs, hats, watches, anything hardware, most market items like flour, cream, veggies..the longer production time items are easy to sell but profit is low. My rule of thumb is produce and sell what you like. I sell off anything that I know I can readily buy at a later time without spending too much time scouring the HQ. I also like to sell some harder to find items. Once your name is recognized as a certain type of seller, your name will be looked for or sought out because they know there's a seller who is known for carrying certain items or a variety. They make awesome people to friend as well. Some people simply do factory supplies, and all are in demand especially the higher end items. Glass, chemicals, textiles, electrical parts. The issue with an overproduction of any quick to sell, high profit items...is market flooding. If we all only made nails and no one ever offered duffle bags well, you see what I mean. Once those are the major items to sell, selling is harder, price cuts are needed to make the sales and your profit is lost. Offer the staples but remember to have a little variety, even of low profit items. Someone out there will need them. You will encourage others to produce diverse items, you earn a reputation of being a good supplier and your city will be sought out for being as such. I think the ultimate idea is teamwork production but I have yet to couple with anyone or a group interested in doing it. That minimizes everyone's time to produce all the items needed to make the more timely multiple step items and offers the variety that HQ often lacks. With a team, you can alter the items you choose to produce as well. I don't like mass production of the same item..over and over..boring. Lol. Play your way and enjoy.

Message 19 of 25 (5,909 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No doubt..HQ is a modge podge to wade through. Tools are hard to find because they don't bring high profits. If you had a team..someone mass producing shovels, someone hammers, someone tape measures and then working out a trade agreement it would matters easier.  

Message 20 of 25 (5,908 Views)