What item do you find turns the fastest profit in the Trade Depot

by DTAC

Original Post

What item do you find turns the fastest profit in the Trade Depot

★★ Apprentice

I've been selling Seeds. They seem to always be bought within seconds. They have a decent price per pack of 10 and only take 20 minutes to manufacture per factory.

Anyone else has a prefered product?

Message 1 of 25 (83,614 Views)

Re: What item do you find turns the fastest profit in the Trade Depot

★★★ Apprentice

Been selling camera, lock and grill for 500 coins each, worked well for a moment, but now I need to increase the capacity of the city storage so I'll have to keep them.

Then tried selling the exhaust, wheel and blade for 600 coins each. Didn't work but I don't know if it's a trade (bug from the game) problem or a price problem.

Tried to sell 10 Chemicals, didn't work for more two days, so I dropped it from the depot.

Never tried to sell other items, would love to hear some feedbacks, and what are the good prices in order to sell quickly.

How much di you make from the trade per day?

Message 2 of 25 (83,445 Views)

★★ Novice
I have found that all of the expansion items sell very well and I have been able to make atleast 5k in a day simply selling them one at a time. As far as anything else it would be more difficult as since it's easier to just craft yourself for free than buy from someone.
Message 3 of 25 (83,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just try sell chairs, vegetables or cement...if u do it right, u can earn 1k per hour..

Message 4 of 25 (83,185 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Those are great also but the seeds can be manufactured in bulk without any other materials with a 20 minute turnaround.

When I have my final two buildings fully upgraded, I'm going to go into chairs, grass and cement. Just need to get the timing right so there is always something to put up.

Message 5 of 25 (82,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Early on I'd recommend seeds and nails, both are very quick to produce and turn good profits. If you're not using your hardware store for anything and don't mind micromanaging your  resources hammers are quite profitable and shovels are in huge demand, though a bit more costly to produce and are capped at a value much lower than their demand.

Message 6 of 25 (82,437 Views)

★★ Novice

Anything from the hardware store should sell (especially shovels).

I'm at level 20 and I'm constantly waiting for the hardware store to spit out the next hammer or shovel and I can never find these in the Global Frustration Headquarters.

Message 7 of 25 (82,321 Views)

★ Guide

I don't sell basic products anymore (factory products). I only sell storage items and items like cement, pizza, watches, shoes, etc.

I always sell for the default price so most of the times it sells fast.

However I've not been selling too much lately since I got some coin offerings that giev you much more than the market.

I sold a hamburger for around 3.3k. I sold 8 fireplaces for 14k. Now I'm farming 5 fruit cakes to sell for 14k. I've sold 13 grass for 4.4k, 1 donut for 1100.

IMO, it's more worth it to wait to get nice offers than use the market. Or mix a little. The offers are just awesome and they are not so rare.

Message 8 of 25 (82,320 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had success at buying and reselling the expansion items at ~$100-$200 profit each.

You can usually find quantity deals on the expansion items (storage expansion items < $487, land expansion items < $600) and they sell rather quickly.

Every once in a while the Trade Depot gets "stuck" full (see other threads) so I always keep a few open slots to advertise something low which usually emptys it.

@Mr_DuCey wrote:
I have found that all of the expansion items sell very well and I have been able to make atleast 5k in a day simply selling them one at a time. As far as anything else it would be more difficult as since it's easier to just craft yourself for free than buy from someone.

Message 9 of 25 (82,144 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do just the opposite. I spam purchase complex products. The automated orders almost always pay much more for the items. For instance, bricks will sell for under $300 in the trade but demand over $400 from the NPC. This is effective since the little coin(s) tends to respawn every 5-10 mins. Obviously you need an initial bank roll and a decent sized storage. 

Message 10 of 25 (82,110 Views)