What is mag-lev?

★ Guide

What is "mag-lev" Many people seem to use it .All I know about it is:-

i) It needs neo simoleons to build 

Can anyone give any info??

Message 1 of 4 (827 Views)

Re: What is mag-lev?

★★ Apprentice

Try googling it, basicly it's levitation due to magnetism, the technique is used in many things in real life, trains is one, the free fall amusement park rides (there's on you can get from the contest of mayors atm) use it to slow the falling chairs to a halt, because no components touch eachother there's no friction that cause heat and potential wear and tear.

(I'm not an expert so I could be off on a few of the details but that's the general stuff :D)

TL;DR, cool tech stuffs!

Message 2 of 4 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is Simcity build it. In the real world:-

Maglev (derived from magnetic levitation) is a transport method that uses magnetic levitation to move vehicles without making contact with the ground. With maglev, a vehicle travels along a guideway using magnets to create both lift and propulsion, thereby reducing friction by a great extent and allowing very high speeds. In itself, maglev technology includes no moving parts.

Maglev trains move more smoothly and more quietly than wheeled mass transit systems. The power needed for levitation is typically not a large percentage of its overall energy consumption;[1] most goes to overcome drag, as with other high-speed transport. Maglev trains hold the speed record for trains.

Compared to conventional trains, differences in construction affect the economics of maglev trains, making them much more efficient. For high-speed trains with wheels, wear and tear from friction from wheels on rails accelerates equipment wear and prevents high speeds.[2] Conversely, maglev systems have been much more expensive to construct, offsetting lower maintenance costs.

Your message was using the popular bengali proverb  ঘোড়ার ঢিম(Not related)

But what is it in SimCity build it????

Do not click on any hyperlink in this message. These were inadvertently included.

Message 3 of 4 (766 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SIMRADICAL wrote:

But what is it in SimCity build it????

OMEGA Maglev is a road type unlocked at lvl 37

Message 4 of 4 (759 Views)