Re: What are Eco Power Plants?

by PadawanPotato

Original Post

What are Eco Power Plants?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The game has offered me a Green Starter Pack for $5.99.  The pack includes 150 sim cash, 5000 simoleons, and 2 Eco Power Plants.  But it’s not clear what an Eco Power Plant is.  How much space does it take?  How much is the power output?  Is it better or worse than the omega power plant (which I’m using exclusively now)?

Message 1 of 7 (3,493 Views)

★★ Guide

I was also intrigued by this and decided to buy it. The Eco Power Plant provides power to the city like other power plants. It doesn't say how large each one is, but in my city, they're relatively small compared to an oil or even coal power plant (for comparison, one of the Ecos is roughly the size of HALF of the regular city storage facility buildings). Each one has a capacity of 28 for power. I like the small size and that it allowed me to get rid of two of my dirty coal power plants for each of the two Eco Power Plants in this starter pack. I have limited space at the moment and these can be placed right up against each other in a small area. Since you're already using OMEGA Power Plants, I'm not sure if this would be better or not, since OMEGAs actually pack 100 capacity, but the Eco Power plants were easier for me to attain (I'm new to the OMEGA items, so 10,000 NeoSimoleons was hard for me to attain in order to buy my first OMEGA Power Plant, and why I currently still only have one). For $5.99, I'm happy with the purchase and would probably by another pack if it was offered since it does come with some SimCash and coins. 

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 7 (3,459 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, Robo!  Your description definitely helps.

Message 3 of 7 (3,453 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thanks for the post. so are they the same width as a small water tower/ windfarm ? ie: 1 tile.

from the photo it looks like you can fit 2 of these to each coal fire power station, is that right ?

Message 4 of 7 (3,335 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Uhhh......they look like solar panels.....how do they differ?

Message 5 of 7 (3,328 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

much better power-space ratio. solar panels are huge in comparison.

Message 6 of 7 (3,322 Views)

★ Novice

One thing I like about them is that you can store them if you wanna put them in another city later on. And the are tiny: 1x2 tiles.

Message 7 of 7 (1,981 Views)