Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Welcome to the SimCity BuildIt strategies section

by AmelieEA

Original Post

Welcome to the SimCity BuildIt strategies section

EA Community Manager

twitter_img.png

Greetings Mayors,

Welcome to the strategy section! Here you can swap tips and tricks or write your own guides on how to create the best city there is.

What strategy do you use to build your city, Mayor?

= SimCity BuildIt Community Team

Message 1 of 7 (21,673 Views)

Re: Welcome to the SimCity BuildIt strategies section

★★★★ Newbie

I like to build my residential zones in long streets so each house is only touching a road at one side, this way I can save space

Message 2 of 7 (21,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My Advice to anyone when building or designing there city is to follow the Services Tab.

By scrolling through the services listed there you can soon figure out the services you require and where best to place them. Hope this help Teashirt lvl 20
Message 3 of 7 (20,164 Views)

Message 4 of 7 (20,108 Views)

★★ Novice

Service control is the key for a well-managed city, especially such services with area coverage like fire, police, clinic/hospital, park, school, gamble, landmark, entertainment.

The game sets a trap that player can build as many residence zones as he/she wishes, but, must face the consequences of lack of services which are too expensive. Finally, it leads to a lot of citizen complaints and houses abandoned. 

So, a careful plan or street layout in consideration with each area-coverage service will ease the pain. After that, houses (residence zone) can be filled onto.

I have made a city layout with precise calculation about service so that maximum number of houses can be build within a given services.

I name it the TOP-HAT model:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HFpLdIXVlv3pHiOhQJzeJd7L0QqhPPol32h79yASois/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to comment about it.

Elvellon-V

City ID: 140314900

Message 5 of 7 (19,633 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Here is the best layout for a large city, it will support 2.7 million Sims. By dropping the single residence by the shops and adding a deluxe windmill you can have a total of 300 residences including 34 Tokyo Town and get close to 2.8. If you are super ambitious you could build all TT residences and go over 3 million. Its also a good starter layout for anyone no matter what size of city you want, it uses minimum resources to maximum effect. Good Luck & Happy Building Standard smile

http://scbuildit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/16931.jpg
Message 6 of 7 (17,055 Views)

★★★★ Novice

good plan and layout if anyone can truly understang that guide with the way its laid out.

Message 7 of 7 (10,043 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help