Wars are terribly unbalanced and unfair.

by BlazinsZ

Original Post

Wars are terribly unbalanced and unfair.

★ Pro

And so... not fun.

You know that the game is not balanced when a single attack is the one used, again and again, and the others are ignored, the players have found a way to not lose using magnetism + hiding in shield. This powerful strategy bursts everything else.

Obviously they always win and collect money, war points, more and more and we simply have to fight with a totally unbalanced and unbeatable team, we put so much effort, time and hours to realize that the enemy in 10 minutes exceeds all that with simple, what I call, failures in this game.

Do I have to reject all my other attacks and apply this strategy? just attack with magnetism and use that annoying trick with bubbles? It seems that it is the only solution, what for me, to join this detestable form of game, seems unfair and boring. 

Please, solve this, make the game more interactive, more diverse, not that it is all a single and unfair form of game. Not only is it boring, I know that for many of us, it makes us angry to have to lose again and again because of this.

Message 1 of 9 (1,492 Views)

Re: Wars are terribly unbalanced and unfair.

★ Pro

And another thing, sorry to mention too many things in this but, i was wondering why my club was matched with this guys? Imean there levels are 33 in wars, (im level 9), my most powerful disaster have +40 points extra. But when the war begins, we saw that they club have so little points , we have more than they, even when we are noobs compared with they, so if those guys are powerfull, why there are in a noob arena? but i realized, that when they finally go high and have to fight with big guys, they leave that club and create another!!!! So, they always are fighting with little boys!!! This, IMO is so unfair! Its like that big guy in the school who just bothers the little kids but never is brave enough to face a guy with the same age. This is another horribly fail here that those players are using to freely gets simcash 2 times in a week. 

IMO this is unfair, and unbalanced too, we shouldnt be matched with those players who their place is in the high arena! There are several problems here, i hope EA please sit and try to find a solution for this, we all agreed that a fair game is fun, relaxing ( Simcity, my childhood game, is was always relaxing... creating a city, not to be so mad like this).

You can limit the quits in clubs, if you see a players already quit from so many clubs over and over again, start giving they a limitation for months! Idk, im just suggesting, if anyone have a better solution please share, but this need a solution IMO.

Is impressive and incredible how many time i and my friends in the club spend in this game, so, is really sad see this problems here

Message 2 of 9 (1,480 Views)

★ Expert

Very well said...I appreciate where you’re coming from. Perhaps a solution for the constant movement issue would be that you can only join or form a new club once a week whether you left willingly or not. Just a thought...

Message 3 of 9 (1,477 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 4 of 9 (1,463 Views)

★ Pro

I really hope they do something, wars are fun and good additional activity for the game, they only need to fix certain details so that it is not so easy for some to break the game, according to what I believe, EA is the first interested, I know that they may be making money as they are now, but it suits them to continue fixing these details.

Message 5 of 9 (1,447 Views)

★ Guide

Currently up against an opponent with level 15 magnetism already, and multiple cities over level 10 magnetism.  To me the major problem with war is it’s pay to win or hack to win.  I’d rather play a different game than deal with this.  Additionally, it’s 36 hours straight where we’re forced to work to the timing of game and our opponents if we really want to win, which is life debilitating.  With good reason every other game dishes events out in 1 hour sessions or has a save button.

Message 6 of 9 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 7 of 9 (1,355 Views)

★ Guide

With your encouragement I’ve reported the player for review.  Obviously they could have spent 1000’s of dollars to get cards, and while that’s definitely happy for EA accounting it’s game breaking and causes their (also paying) opponents to doubt the integrity of the game enough to quit.

Very true regarding making any video game low priority, as anyone should.  What I’m suggesting is the devs actually watch what happens in club wars in the top 200 area and higher.  What you’ll see is players who are online 12+ hours without break and must be up all night watching the war map, or attempting to sleep with sound on so they hear events and get some very restless sleep.  This is because of how war works and its 36 hour attack phase.  Instead of blaming the player base for crazy behaviour perhaps EA could design their game better.

Message 8 of 9 (1,315 Views)

★ Guide

Bottomless Magnetism.

Half the opponents my club encounters use Magnetism for 90% of their attacks for the entire duration of war.  Given the opportunity we’re talking 100’s of them.  My secondary club, which intentionally loses wars, will be down in score impossibly badly but these opponents still toss endless Magnetism attacks.  It appears the only reason they use anything other than Magnetism is to discard war items gained from repair.  I’ve now reported three of these clubs this month alone.  Based on EAs feedback and my own follow up searches of these dubious cities it appears EA doesn’t care.  Since submitting player reviews or holding out for an exploit fix is obviously futile I have two options: join them or quit.  Which should it be EA?

Message 9 of 9 (1,214 Views)