Re: War scoring, damage and terminology

by BlazinsZ

Original Post

War scoring, damage and terminology

★★★ Novice

I can't seem to find a comprehensive guide on wars so that I can better strategize.

I hear terms like jackpot and max overkill. What do those mean in this context?

My club member also said if you have an opponent at 2 health, it's better to use a big attack on them, say 6 damage, rather than use it on someone with full health. He says the overkill gets more points.

I believe him for sure, but I want to understand the scoring better. How does 8 damage on one person score differently than 2 on one and 6 on another?

Message 1 of 9 (5,339 Views)

★★★ Novice

You will get the same points for killing either player on that particular kill, BUT, if you over kill a player, that means you leave behind another player with full health that you can overkill later as well.  If you are in Arena 5, for example, each player has 14 health.  If you kill each city exactly with 14 points, you will lose to a team that over kills you scoring 21 or 22 per city.  And, jackpots are boosters that can be used in each arena past the first one.  Jackpots double the number of points per attack.  For example, if you have a level 2 B Movie Monster, you normally would get 1100 points per attack.  With a jackpot, however, you can score 2200 for that one attack.  

Message 2 of 9 (5,317 Views)

★★★ Novice

That is the best username ever. I love it.

I think I finally get it. If you wipe out 10 cities with 10 damage, that's 100 damage. But if you wipe out each city at like 13 damage, that's 130 possible. Yea?

Message 3 of 9 (5,310 Views)

★ Pro

@dnb367 wrote:

That is the best username ever. I love it.

I think I finally get it. If you wipe out 10 cities with 10 damage, that's 100 damage. But if you wipe out each city at like 13 damage, that's 130 possible. Yea?

Depending on the Arena where you are, each city has different quantity of houses (or health).

So, if you are in Arena 5, like the last example, each city has 14 health or houses. 

If you use BMM (10 attack) , you hit 10 houses and you make 1000 points, then if someone use one Plant Monster or Flying Vu, hit 4 houses, and make 400 damage, so finally that city is bubble or shielded, because the whole 14 buildings have been attacked. So your team made 1400 with that city, now, you need to wait that player rebuild completely so you can attack them again. 

This is the problem, that's the limit you have, because when that city is bubbled, you can't attack that city anymore, unless that player repaired all. 

But, if you attack with BMM (10 damage), then you use 1 Magnetism (3 damage), you hit 13 damage in total (1300 points), and that city still have 1 house remaning, with that house remaning, you can hit it with another BMM with 10 damage (this is called overkill) so, you finally make 23 damage, that's 2300 points with only one target/city.

There's a big difference between 1400 and 2300. So, if every enemy city  you have, you hit and overkill those, your team can make a lot of points.

Also notice that Mellow Bellow make 1100 points, so per city you can make 2400. 

I learned this in the hard way, losing again and again, but I paid attention and saw that my enemies always used Hands of Dooms, BMM, Building Portal, Dance Shoes and big attack with the last house in our cities, so i learned how theey make more points with every city in our side. This is soooo hard to explain to a new players, and the chat in the game it is so uncomfortable, take time, but new players just finish other players with comic hand, lol... kinda annoying, because you know your team loose a lot of points there with that hit. 

Also, notice if you rebuild your city without being bubble, your are giving the enemy more houses to hit, so, you probably enjoy the cheap parts when you rebuild, but is a trap, if you rebuild you are giving points to the enemy. And when you're bubbled or with the shield, don't go until you are ready to attack, if you go out you're giving 14 to the enemy to hit, this means another 2400 if the enemy overkill again. So only go out when you have energy, items to attack, and you can be there for a while, cuz you know... you need to make more than 2400 points if you don't want to be a negative thing in your team.  You are the one who decides to play carefully or just rant out EA and asks for eliminate shields at all. 

About the Jackpots, the jackpot is a booster and double the points, when you hit while a jackpot is there over the city (that you hitting, the enemy city), you make the double points.

You know that 1 magnetism is 2 energy, and the BMM is 8 energy, that's 10 energy you need to spend, and you only have 12 energy, and jackpot I last 10 minutes, if you wanna overkill with the jackpot, you need a friend, i mean, another player in your club who hit with you. 

So, you launch the BMM and Magnetism and your partner launch the another BMM... this is the part of the game when you need a good communication with you partners in the club. The club with better timing, help, and communication usually do better these wars.

I hope I could have helped something, if you still have any questions, ask.

Message 4 of 9 (5,297 Views)

★ Expert

Hi BlazinsZ,

Interesting dissertation on the war game and thanks for proving and confirming my comment from another thread that EA has made this game way to complex for the average person coming into this game as a newbie or casual players who just wants to blow something up with a silly looking “weapon” - I understand the appeal. Even Superpraesi has acknowledged in his post related to Arena 6 and the ELO system (which technically it’s not as was vigorously explained to me a couple of years ago - it’s a modified version) the need for new folks to make the system work.

You made one comment I would like to address, “You are the one who decides to play carefully or just rant out EA and asks for eliminate shields at all.” ...key word is PLAY - no one has an issue with an opponent using caution to exit the bubble and waiting until you have full energy and teammates to exit with...that’s just smart and actually invokes strategy. The “rant” you refer to is the genuine concern from folks when you elect just to stay in the bubble for hours and not come back, you know head off to Starbucks and enjoy your evening with no intention of returning  - that’s just wrong. At a minimum your team should have to forfeit due to lack of participation...regardless the score. Don’t know if you fit into that category or not, but anyone that takes that approach probably assumes the world revolves around them and sadly without your opponent you wouldn’t be able to buy that win...

I actually thought you did a good job explaining some of the nuances of the war games and commend your effort.

Message 5 of 9 (5,271 Views)

★ Pro

Hey look @PinnacleValley  , i have always understood your position, i also agree in some terms, i hate the feeling about wait 1d and hours just because the enemy decide to not to participate, losing or winning. I like big wars with emotion and fun, i also see a lot bios in the game, i mean reading the city description of each player, and i can see how players asks for being hit or ask to not stay bubble, " you let us claim chests, we'll let you claim chests too" and others quotes like that, so i can see it's not only a complaint here in the forum, it's in the whole game, but the problem i can see, is that the medicine can be worst, because i said several times, i dislike some solutions posted here, and i have the feeling that the intention of the developers was this, make a game who the one can get the lead first and hide can win the war, after all, this block the possibility of every players to get chests and improve their disasters... I'm looking how bad the rewarding system is, i can see that EA just agree in make this eternal just to force "some" players to spend money ( i say some cuz i'm not a paying player lol). I know that we probably don't like that, but well i'm still enjoying the wars at some point, i'm sure you respect that and also i respect if you are just exhausted, but well, I don't think that EA want to adress this issue, so we have 2 options, learn to play this strategy and try to avoid losing cuz that or just fight with EA, i don't want to be mean with anybody i just think that is the sceneario, i just wanted to give this player some advices so he can know how to play very well, if he don't like how this works, well he's free to choose another game or ignore the war faction, but i just giving some tips that i learned playing wars... 

I remember some days ago when we was winning and i was just done, i mean i didn't want to spend more activations, resources and more, my club was bubbled... Being curious i saw some bios of the enemy and found they wrote "another boring war where you all decide to stay bubbled" , i felt bad and i just go out trying to get my next chest and giving they more good feeling, but never was my intention being like a "*" who likes win like this, but if i want to hit and relax and close my game almost for 24 hrs is my decision, right? Or i have the obligation there? Cuz i play this game and i forced to play even when my life is busy but i have to be there so i'm not the bubble guy in this game... Man i just think some people is mad just because they want to be, is just a game and every enemy who don't rebuild or repair in like 24 hrs probably had an issue or just living a life, so people are overacting, and the ones taking this too seriously are the ones who makes me bore the game tbh ! 

Message 6 of 9 (5,261 Views)

★★ Novice

It's probably been said elsewhere in complaints, suggestions, questions, etc .. but the real issue is the profit motive (EA) and the huge disparity in the reward system for wars.

While everybody would rather win than lose, EA magnifies that by such a pitiful reward for losing compared to the bounty from a win. Lose a war after consuming up to 15 boosters and you get 250 war sims. Can't buy a booster with that. So the incentive is really high to consume as few boosters as possible to secure the lead and get under the bubble for 34 hours and 55 mins. 

The disparity in the reward system is also responsible for the cheating, club hopping to regen resources, etc. In arena 5, if you could win 5k war sims for the win and 2500 for the loss it might be an incentive for more people to continue to play. I doubt that would impact EA revenue stream that much and might make for a slightly happier player base. Of course there are those who can never be satisfied, lol.

The shift in more garbage being awarded in reward chests is the same thing. People suggest "open wars" to gain more reward chests. I don't bother with that because you spend more for 48k points than you get in rewards. Again, limiting rewards leads to bigger revenue stream.

From my experience there seems to be about 400 clubs that actively war. When you reach that club rank its a 50/50 chance your next war will be "competitive". Below that you meet a club with 15 to 25 members that have 3 active participants the rest don't even make 1 repair. 

Revenue stream from those players is obviously sufficient for EA to be apparently unresponsive to player complaints and relative dis-satisfaction on certain segments of the game. They focus on new "features" designed to cause the vast majority of players to spend a couple of bucks to check em out. They even make code changes to manipulate existing segments. Lack of availability of certain war items is a good example. Lots of some items appear for delivery while in a supposed random system other items are rare.

That's just my 2 cents. 

Message 7 of 9 (5,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@BlazinsZ 

I’m curious, have you fought against a team where you had a lead of 30k and they chose to just hide for hours (more than 12 hours at times) before coming out with boosts and umbrellas to get the lead? How do you feel in this case? I had encountered this kind of teams for 12 times. And this is what breaks the game for me.

While I don’t like teams who just hide after getting the lead, but I give them credit for getting it together to launch a strong offensive. Sometimes, when fighting this kind of teams, I even repair on jackpot to let them have 30k lead so they feel safe to come out later. Too bad, not all are good enough to continue to come out after the initial strong start, even when it is safe to do so.

So I decided to change tactic to try my best at the start of war instead. Since someone advised that I should have try harder at the start instead of letting them have the lead and expecting them to come out for the rest of war. Guess what, that’s when we start encountering rats who hide and then strike to get the lead.

Did we do something wrong here? Yes, by being active at the start! Because they are around to dud every single attack of ours and they hardly attack so we can’t dud them. Most ironic thing is when we choose to relax and not attack actively at the start, partly due to our disappointment with the game, we encounter less of such nonsense since our attacks rarely got dud if we attack at later time. Thanks, EA, for setting up a system that penalize the more active team.

So the problem is not a straightforward issue about getting the lead and then hiding till the end of war. With this type of fighting, at least both teams can relax since the outcome is fixed, but we do need shorter wars to lessen the pain of waiting. But when we have the lead with many of our cities still left untouched, this is extremely stressful for us. With all the stress and pouring of all the resources into getting the lead and trying to maintain it, a win is yet not even guaranteed! While the ones who hide can do much less to try to score a win. 30 mins umbrella vs 15 mins freeze, it is obvious the rats have the advantage with their umbrellas. This is nonsense.

Message 8 of 9 (5,226 Views)

★ Pro

@J6niceL  tbh we have not experience things like that in our club, yes we have been of course in front of an enemy that comes out with umbrellas and to try to get the lead. But the enemy who doesn't attack since the beginning, is dead... 

We have to be at the start, is our strategy, we try to hit as much as possible with jackpots and using overkill, also trying to dud our cities when a jackpot is launched, using pump III + Vamp I, etc... And we have always enemies who since the start fight with us with the same purpose, is the funny part i think, a lot of cities online, with many activations, all trying to get the lead, trying to dud everything, trying to succesfully hit, etc, is the game...

Another thing we like to do before use all our vigor, is take a look of each enemy, because you know, if the enemy have one guy with magnetism lvl 10 or 12, and all you team have magnetism lvl 4-5-6, there is a great chance that you lose, this guy perfectly can go out later with umbrella and get easy points, also more easy is their team have a good fight i mean they don't let the lead get too high.

But if the enemy is like us, with the same levels of disasters, if they don't fight well at the beginning, they are dead. Probably one or two go out later, but you know, they need time to bubble 11-10 cities with overkill, if they didn't touch even one before, and they need to have a little extra levels to secure the win doing that, if the enemy is the same quantity of us. 

But i tell you, if not that easy, i was in that case, we was all bubble, and everytime we go out, BOOM, they responded, is hard for us find the enemy who let us do this and also is hard to find the time to hit, is a risk, is a random thing, unless you're a sorcerer and you know when they all are offline and also sleeping, because when you bubble one city they receive a notification in their phones, so if he/she is awake can get online and do something, freeze, or say something in the chat. 

But if the enemy have high disasters, we tend to relax and no waste so many activations because we probably lose that one. 

It's weird the case you explain, they don't attack you at the start and then they all go out and get the lead easily and win? i can swear one of they have better disasters and do all the job, but have nothing to do with the bubble strategy, is that guy with high level. 

Your assumption about EA created a system where the team more active is penalize it is so wrong. Being inactive can give you the worst results, just try that, try to be inactive, and then go out, you find out later that can't be good in all cases ( i'm sorry, but the only one case i see this works is having a big guy in our team who can come out later with umbrella and do all the job, boring tbh, i want my chests!). 

i never had this enemy, all attack since the starts and the ones who don't , stay like that at the final, poorly active.

Another thing if only 2 guys go out and bubble all your cities... (the worst case) you can try to take those 2 guys later, using the same strategy, but you know you're taking the same risk they had to take, hoping you all are offline and now you have to hope the same with the enemy (see? the contradiction of your assumption? in this example if you are very active the probability to respond to the enemy is high, and if the enemy is inactive you can respond later bubbling these 2 guys with only one guy protective with umbrella, pumps and all with your team, unless your team is inactive and can't help you to find a time when you all can help to recover the lead... i mean, how being active is penalize here?)

just to clarify things here about me:

i'm enjoying the game, and i like the system.

i dislike enemies who don't fight, that's all, cuz bother my chests and my time checking the game. The war time is too much, and also the prices of the chests imo. 

My club and me can respond to the enemy bubble normally, also we are just 10 (not because we want, is really hard find players in our league, and new players are there but you know... low levels, they don't know how jackpots works...) so we get the lead since the beginning and the enemy always fight, probably they think we win with bubble and try to avoid that, we both fights well, probably they dud better, probably we dud better, the points show that, we accept the lost if our points are bad, if the enemy go far, we try to negociate chests, with open war or idk. In general we win if the enemy don't have those big guys, is about of luck, but we also beat some enemies with big guys taking the risk and exhausting that guy with freezes and vampire III, probably these teams are used to let that guy the whole work, when you just take out that guy with bubbling, freezes and vampire, that team becomes very weak and is an easy win. We find every enemy different, a lot are very active, another are soooo mean!! (i hate this one), even when they have 80k lead, i go out and they freeze me and vampire me, use duds, i mean, wth! is that neccesary? you already won!... others are active and then go inactive, smh... , another don't even use jackpots, others use pump III and umbrella III since the begining (all of them!), and we said forget it, this enemy take this too serious lol, we lost this one... general we have 6/10 players active since the beginning, but we don't matter in using umbrellas at the start, we just fire. What i mean by this is that my club aren't exhausted and tired of bubble enemy, if you join our club you must be surprise, is another place, is another energy, is totally different, sometimes i'm having fun there and go here and see so many negatitivy that i think oh my god what server i have? or this is the same game? we enjoy the war like a kids, still we do, we probably need more months to just say '' this is the same thing everytime'' ... but now my president is so addicted and never give up in any war, so i get the energy lol 

At the beginning (when we was noob), we found bubbling enemy annoying, but surely we know nothing, we was rebuilding a lot, not overkilling, etc... now we know so many things, that enemy with bubble strategy need to struggle a lot with my club if they want the win.

I think the case you mention is unusual, at least for me, but well, there we see.

Message 9 of 9 (5,165 Views)