War opponents hiding under bubbles/domes for entirety of wars

by Caropal

Original Post

War opponents hiding under bubbles/domes for entirety of wars

★★★ Novice

Hey EA-- is there any way to put a 'time limit' of sorts on opponents of the war when they go under bubble? I understand that for many, when they are winning, they all go under bubble for the remainder of the war, and by default, they win doing that... I get that-- but it makes for VERY boring wars. It's more fun to have two teams fighting the entire time period of the war and having fun, high-scoring wars, where everybody (on both sides) can get big rewards from their personal war chests. 

My team has been brainstorming, and we thought of something like, after being in the bubble for 6 or 8 hours, you are forced out... Basically, you have a large chunk of time to repair and collect all of those war items, and you can come out of your bubble at any time, but if you are hiding under it, you will be forced out after 6-8 hours and you will forfeit whatever war items you did not repair to collect for. 

I understand the strategy of hiding when you're winning and you'll by default win, but this shouldn't be the case within the first hour of the war, when the wars last 2 days... They can hide at the last 5 hours of the war if they are winning... fine... but to have days of 'war' when you can't play because the other players are bubbled... that's BORING and LAME!!

Just seems annoying when you have a 2-3 day war, in which there was fighting for the first hour, and the remaining two days there is absolutely no action because the other team is hiding. 

Just a thought-- I think alot of people will agree with me. 

Message 1 of 4 (653 Views)

Re: War opponents hiding under bubbles/domes for entirety of wars

★ Pro

I know, and I completely agree, it is the most mediocre form to win a war, my club and I have seen that several times already, but, we can not claim good chests because we can't attack, and also they, they also have to settle for a low point victory, even so, I think EA should do something about it, because, it's not the main idea of the war clubs. that is, if you do not repair your buildings in a certain time, you should have a penalty (loose points or rewards) or lose that invulnerability bubble, in such a way, that it would lead to everyone to continue playing, the battle may be hard, but receive better result by face the enemy instead of hide like cowards, not reward with a victory those who won by hiding.

The worst of this is that it is contagious, since, we do not know if the enemy is going to hide like cowards and that's why we gonna lose, so it's better to hide ourselves first, to evade that scenario. 

It is annoying to be honest.

Message 2 of 4 (620 Views)

★★★ Novice

I knew others would feel the same way! I hope they're coming up with a fix to it. My team is honestly so frustrated by this. We don't mind losing if it's been an active and fun war- but when we can't do anything-- we're bored and angry! 

I hope more speak up so EA will pay attention to this issue!!

Message 3 of 4 (602 Views)

★ Expert

Hi Caropal,

You’re far from being alone, there are 100’s of posts related to this topic...if you go back prior to the introduction of regions and the 4 or 5 concerns that were shared about the introduction of this feature (yes, I’m being factious / absurd) you will find this to be probably by far the most discussed item in the forum in the last few months (unfortunately there have been way too many threads started on this topic to really grasp the magnitude of the disdain for this “strategy”). As I try to read once a day in the forum I can say confidently that 90%+ of the folks that have offered a post are with you and most certainly me. 

Good luck getting EA’s attention.

Message 4 of 4 (571 Views)