War opponent matching criteria is completely imbalanced

by Forgotten_Woods

Original Post

War opponent matching criteria is completely imbalanced

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm in an arena 2 club that usually scores between 100k-130k. Every war we are matched to an opponent that is way stronger than us. They will score usually 300k or more and it can be seen even before the war starts that they will win easily by looking at the averages of each city. So we are losing every single war and will probably be back in arena 1 soon. This is really killing the motivation for our players and they are slowly dropping off.

Why is this so imbalanced? Is it based purely on the presidents score or something, which is about 20k in our club?

Message 1 of 7 (1,101 Views)

Re: War opponent matching criteria is completely imbalanced

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Forgotten_WoodsMany people competing seriously in Contest of mayor's stay at arena 2 because it makes their Contest much easier then being at arena 6.

I have many competitors at lvl99 who have lvl 15 mags etc but who have stayed at arena 2 for the whole time I have been at lvl99 (year).

Maybe there's part of your answer. Their club score is always close to 2000. There's quite many to be honest. I don't think it's fair at all but I think it's within rules...

Edit. There's many ways to do this. One often used is to resign and let your feeders lose some wars and come back. Or that's the only reason I can think why some people always do their +170k points in 2 days and then resign from their club where they come back when new contest starts..

Message 2 of 7 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Penakyna Yes, we have one 50, put us against all 50s and 60s
Message 3 of 7 (1,044 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It sounds like we'll be in arena 2 for a long time going off this. It's a good arena to be in, but it would be nice to win a war once in a while. Sometimes we get more war sims from getting hit and repairing than what you get from winning anyway

Message 4 of 7 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Last war initiated 3 hours ago... still looking for an opponent. This is annoying as people are trying to time the start of the war to suit their time zones. 

Something needs to change, at least for arena 2 so that there are more suitable opponents. And why don't we get weak opponents EVER? just way stronger. It's becoming a joke now

Edit: after 4 hours we were "matched" to an opponent. They have a cumulative average of 202K. We are under 100K.... I wonder what will happen????

Message 5 of 7 (871 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Forgotten_Woods After our last heavy defeat, the next war matched much faster. Yet again an opponent that's way too strong for us. Our team is fed up. Sadly I think we need to end the club
Message 6 of 7 (802 Views)

★★★ Guide

All the hackers starting over are in your arena,  5 is easier it seems lol.   We feed in 2

Message 7 of 7 (781 Views)