Re: War Matching

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

War Matching

★★★★ Guide

We are playing A6 ELO4400, it’s been hard to match up for the opponent last few wars. It takes 1-3 hours to find the opponent and sometimes fail. Anyone experienced the same?

Wonder if it’s related to the hacker sweep, since a lot of them were sent back to 1500 there might not be enough clubs for specific ELO range. Also mentioned at the other thread, seems it matters who starts the war. No opponent for hours then cancel and other mayor push the button, found one right away. Could be just a timing but seems weird, they might have changed algorithm?

Message 1 of 10 (1,640 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

It took a bit longer last war for us too, about 30 mins, but we sit at around 4150. I don't mind it taking longer if we get a good close match.

Funny you mention the "who hits the button" thing. I swear when a lower level ranked player hits the button we also get easier opponents. Surely they wouldn't take that into account would they? Probably a coincidence.

But on the main point, probably the cheating club sweep

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,562 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

It took a bit longer last war for us too, about 30 mins, but we sit at around 4150. I don't mind it taking longer if we get a good close match.

Funny you mention the "who hits the button" thing. I swear when a lower level ranked player hits the button we also get easier opponents. Surely they wouldn't take that into account would they? Probably a coincidence.

But on the main point, probably the cheating club sweep

Message 2 of 10 (1,563 Views)

★★ Guide
@SummitVista3310 Yeah at top 100 we had to wait sometimes hours even before this last hacker sweep. Our last opponents have had like 100 less ELO then us, too easy wins for us. About in the same range Summit
Message 3 of 10 (1,541 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Forgotten_Woods Glad to know that we aren’t only one experienced this “who hits the button”.  Wonder if it’s based on the war rank, the war average or the prior war score... 

Message 4 of 10 (1,532 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Penakyna I understand it’s harder to find opponent in higher ELO because there are less clubs. But this seems happening in lower A6 too. I wonder if they have changed the matching rules so we have more close match, which is really good. We’ve been having competitive battles Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (1,529 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

One draw back (And I'm currently searching for an opponent for over and hour) is that it's now harder to start war at your most optimal time. We're quite international, so getting the perfect time that suits everyone is a very small window. Oh well, if this is how it is we'll need to adjust

Message 6 of 10 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Guide

Takes 6 to 12 hours sometimes.  Higher ya get the longer you wait 

Message 7 of 10 (1,503 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow. I didn't realise it could take that long. Are you okay with the wait to make sure the match is close? Maybe you need to start organising wars with other clubs

Message 8 of 10 (1,489 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cannot understand what the clubs on the A5 A6 are doing with low-ranking players who have no chance to fight

Message 9 of 10 (1,177 Views)

★ Expert

@Zielak79 There are several reasons that this happens...often war clubs lose players for a variety of reasons and they recruit available clubs to be able to participate. Some mayors simply focus on the war games and pay limited attention to developing their city...in fact many believe if you keep your city at a lower level you have an advantage which perhaps is true. From a darker perspective often these are simply feeder cities (which per technical support are not legal) used to supply club members with war items and repair items and sadly sometimes they are a hacker. Hope this provides some insight.

Message 10 of 10 (1,151 Views)