War Card Purchasing Disadvantage

by never2old2game

Original Post

Re: WAR CARD PURCHASING DISADVANTAGE

★ Guide

@never2old2game I meant no offense, merely pointing out that the benefit is there for everyone and the disadvantage is self imposed. I first noticed such not on a forum or blog but by playing the game and moving arenas up. I used to rarely buy cards from war store, but now you just can’t wait for luck of chests or you will always have low attack levels. If EA changes to eliminate the arena refresh, so be it. However, I don’t think you should look down on those that take advantage of the game as it is currently in existence (just card shopping, not talking about feeder club war supplies, totally different issue). As far as raiding, I personally do not go looking through other mayors for supplies. I’m more concerned for not getting caught in a war with unknowns, so my preference is trading clubs that state they do not war in the club description. There are a lot of other more concerning practices that I know exist in this game than card shopping, but I appreciate the discussion and your suggestion to remedy what you feel is a broken aspect of the game. Best of luck to you!

Message 11 of 19 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SummitVista3310 has the answer for this. No resetting the price of cards for each arena. People will still club hop for war items, but the no reset could be applied there too, it's just a bit more complex as there are different booster levels for sale at different arenas, and different amounts of items for sale. Still if each item type didn't reset it would stop people from club hopping. That being said, I personally don't have a big issue with it, as new players need to catch up somehow.

Also I'm surprised so may people get caught in wars in other clubs when they go hopping. Just don't join a club with more than 8 members. If you're joining clubs with more members so you can raid their stores, than that's your fault!

Message 12 of 19 (817 Views)

★ Expert

@Forgotten_Woods  This at best is only a portion of the answer but doesn’t address the bigger picture. The solution to address the club hopping, raiding of depots, meeting in “open dead clubs” (satellites) to trade war items with non club members is to place a cool down period where if a player joins a new club and leaves within 24 hours they have to wait 24 to 48 hours to join another club...to return to a former club there should be a 7 day waiting period. I know this doesn’t fit the plans of some mayors...but this will eliminate a lot of the “questionable” activity from occurring and promote fair play. I suspect this would serve to eliminate most of these higher level players from jumping back to lower arenas...you know the levels intended for less experienced players to learn how to play the game. The selfish and self centered attitude of some of these mayors is appalling.

Message 13 of 19 (800 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Forgotten_Woods 

Ahh true. We see different boosters/war items in different arenas. (Just realized I’ve been spelling “deferent” for “different” )

Though OP’s complaint is about “card shopping”. Cards can’t be shared/trade with other players so it’s more valuable than booster and war items, OP feels unfair to go different arenas for more and cheaper cards.

I don’t have any issue to not resetting the card price in each arenas. The cost would increases but players don’t have to switch clubs for card shopping. Best of all, it saves everyone’s precious 20 mins. More profit for EA too. Win for all.

But resetting cards every 12 hours and not resetting price gives advantage for some play-style, not fair to all.

If OP’s complain is about “club hopping” itself, that’s totally another problem.

Maybe limit the activity when players join for a club. Like no war item trading/waring for 12hours after they joined a club. This solves the “12 hours war interval” complaint OP shared in another thread. And I have no issue with this change but it may hurt fresh players who are looking for clubs.

Message 14 of 19 (781 Views)

★ Expert

Once again an obvious attempt to “spin” the discussion...in the original post by @never2old2game raised the term “club hopping” and once again you you shared “Ahh I misunderstood what you said” after completely missing the point with your initial response. I understand why this attempt to “spin” is being done as implementation of this would cause a change in game play and simply level the playing field and take away the unfair advantages being exploited. No more raiding other clubs depots or trading war items in “open dead clubs” or satellite cities. 
Guess what EA...if you limit the jumping from club to club you will create a market need from these players and generate additional revenue.

Message 15 of 19 (770 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PinnacleValley 

@SummitVista3310 

@Forgotten_Woods 

@Mikika214 

I really appreciate all the thoughts, ideas, and different points of view expressed here.

Thank you.

I'd like to be able to accept one post (in its entirety) as a solution, or at least a possible one. No side comments or remarks, just "Problem is/are...solution(s) is/are/might be".

Something that would or might be closer to being fair to all mayors.

(If my post's title needs to be edited, so be it).

My closing remark is this:

Most of the issues discussed in this thread (and in many others), have no clear or defined rules. The actions are allowed, yes, but only because there are no rules in place. We are playing in various shades of grey, all the way to black, imo. (Black being hacker-play).

As I've mentioned before, games need a shared set of rules, TRUE RULES, (not my interpretation, not your's), in order to be considered games, especially when competition is involved.

Thank you all for your time and comments.

I am working on not coming across as being so judgemental and I really hope I can expect the same from others.

All I really want truly, is peace.

Message 16 of 19 (741 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SummitVista3310 

@PinnacleValley 

@Forgotten_Woods 

@Mikika214 

To be specific I have accepted this portion of the reply as a solution, as it does address my original topic.

SummitVista3310:

"your complain is you can buy more cards cheaper if you visit other clubs. You want to remove the advantage of 6 arena card shopping. 

To solve your complain, the price needs to goes up instead of resetting in each arena. And fixed amount of cards every 3 days. (Common for 120, rare for 60, legend for 30) No benefit for card shopping in deferent arenas with this way. 

So everyone have the same ability to buy the same amount of cards with the same price"

Message 17 of 19 (694 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The rule what I shared is not my own rule. What EA allows are the “true rules”.

I directly asked EA about the card shopping and here’s their reply.

First of all, I would like to inform that it's fine to visit different arena in order to purchase disaster cards. So, you can go ahead and help yourself.

I also emailed them the idea to not resetting the price in other arenas. The war store update could give only some players give advantages. So if EA is going to change it, hope they’ll make a wise decision. 

Good luck and happy shopping. (either at your own arena or other arenas)

Message 18 of 19 (665 Views)

★ Expert

What EA allows are the “true rules”.” Really? So with this logic the blatant cheating/hacking issues that have gone unaddressed (thus allowed) are acceptable and fall within your “true rules” hypothesis...please. 
We all know it’s ok to visit different arenas as @never2old2game clearly shared in her original post “I understand that there really is no rule against "club hopping" “ so your feedback from the contractor was redundant and unnecessary. The actions that occur from this “club hopping” activity is not just to get war disaster cards but also results in raiding unsuspecting clubs depots and not even contributing anything to that club. It is also used by members of different clubs to meet in open “dead” clubs to trade war items which by definition is a satellite club which you know in writing is not allowed. But since EA doesn’t address it...it falls under “true rules”.

I often hear not everything is black or white - sometimes it’s gray. In life it’s true but in a silly game - not so much. I have much more respect for those that own up to taking “shortcuts” than those that are constantly taking them but justify it by “true rules” and claiming to be “legit”. Most everyone  knows what’s right and wrong and what you choose is up to you...but do not promote that these “shortcuts” are acceptable in the forum to folks trying to do the right thing. But I guess if your montra is “What EA allows are the “true rules”.” it doesn’t matter anyway.

Message 19 of 19 (607 Views)