War Card Purchasing Disadvantage

by never2old2game

Original Post

Accepted Solution

War Card Purchasing Disadvantage

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I was wondering if war cards sold for simcash in the war store could reset every five minutes instead of every three days? Mayors who remain loyal to one club are at a grave disadvantage when collecting war cards. Again, I have to wonder, is this by design? Is this to promote the idea of mayors moving from club to club to avoid the waiting period in place? I understand that there really is no rule against "club hopping", but why have a solid rule in place of three days of the same cards for some mayors and multiple war store card changes daily for other mayors? Why not just have all cards available in all war stores at all times, if we're going to be fair?

Message 1 of 19 (2,456 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: WAR CARD PURCHASING DISADVANTAGE

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My request is this:
Instead of switching to five different clubs after each war, why not have our war store card selection change six times during the three days? Every 12 hours.
Fair to all and eliminates the hassle.

This doesn’t solve your complain. If you have randomly selected 3 cards every 12 hours and everything else (price increase, same set in each arena, the number of cards in each arena) remain the same, mayors still go to deferent arenas to buy cards cheaper when a card they want show up. They can visit 6 arenas every 12 hours (especially clubs who only war once a week or less) for shopping. Somehow this is fair than the current system for you...?

I thought your complain is you can buy more cards cheaper if you visit other clubs. You want to remove the advantage of 6 arena card shopping. 

To solve your complain, the price needs to goes up instead of resetting in each arena. And fixed amount of cards every 3 days. (Common for 120, rare for 60, legend for 30) No benefit for card shopping in deferent arenas with this way. 

So everyone have the same ability to buy the same amount of cards with the same price, which exactly how the current war store works. But it’ll be fair for those who doesn’t want to spend 20 mins for card shopping. 

I don’t think your complain is silly, but your request doesn’t add up with your complain. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 19 (2,343 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Oh some war cards refreshes every day? I thought it changes every few days for every players. Indeed it’s unfair if some mayors has more chance to see variety of cards.

It’d be a lot easier if you can buy any card any time, though if all cards available anytime, it’ll encourage war cheaters/ hackers. It’ll be a lot easier for them to max out their cards...

Really sad that we have to worry about cheaters/hackers for any improvement of the game.

Message 2 of 19 (2,431 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SummitVista3310 

What I'm attempting to bring attention to is war card purchasing inequity.

Some mayors choose to stay in one club and are offered the same three cards for three days with an increased simcash purchase price per same card. Other mayors choose to move from club to club in between wars to shop different war stores, giving them not only a card selection advantage but the ability to purchase the same card over and over during the same three day period at only the lowest simcash price (one card per club store typically). 

I really don't care how other players choose to play, unless it impacts my gaming experience personally.

I believe all mayors (no matter how they play) should have the same amount of cards available for purchase, for the same duration, and at the same purchase price as every other mayor.

Message 3 of 19 (2,424 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ahh I misunderstood what you said. Yeah everyone can go card shopping to deferent arenas when you see the cards you want. There’s no rules for club hopping, this is the ability every mayors have. 3 deferent cards, every 3 days, 6 arenas. If you stay in one club and pay more simcash, that’s what you chose to do I guess? 

The game would be so easy if we always have all cards, boosters and war items in war store. But I’m more worried the advantage it creates for cheaters/hackers. If all cards available all the time, they can just max out their cards in a day...

And I kinda like to wait for the card I want appears in the war store (one time mag cards didn’t come up in my store over 4 months, lol). 

Message 4 of 19 (2,409 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SummitVista3310 

I believe I am still being misunderstood. 

Club presidents pay simcash to start a club. Club building and organizing take a great deal of time and effort (often years). As a club president I do not feel comfortable leaving my club, possibly for three days, dumping my responsibility on someone else, in order to raid other's war stores and leave five minutes later (over and over) until I inadvertently get caught in a war with club members I may or may not know (possibly even hackers). No other member of my club would participate in or tolerate this type of play either.

I do realize now that the way we play is now known as the traditional way of play (some mayors even have a derogatory name for the way we play) and all over the internet, on many platforms and in many forums (including this Official EA forum) those of us who play this way are laughed at and thought to be fools. Yes, it was insinuated in your post above, too.

Those of us who have invested many years in this game and in this forum are simply exhausted from trying to teach and get the new players to follow the traditional rules, (its just not going to happen), but we're also very tired of players (about twenty long-time and many newer players) berating us publicly for not conforming to their way of play.

Going forward there needs to be mutual respect for the way(s) each of us play(s).

Still, no single mayor or club should begin CoM or a war with an unearned  advantage over another.

If I choose to play traditionally and stay with one club, with one city, and on one device I should still be able to have access to as many war cards (and at the same cost) as another mayor who plays differently. On that same note, if I must compete against someone in CoM who has one main and four feeders, I also need to have the ability to obtain 4,000 storage slots, 60 factories, 5 hardware stores, etc.

All games, contests, and even wars must have rules that all must abide by or they are no longer true contests. 

What I am asking for: 

A clear set of rules and/or any game benefits that apply to all.

Message 5 of 19 (2,395 Views)

★ Guide
This is silly to complain about not taking an advantage that exists for everyone out of principle. Once EA removed personal war chests and went to vu season there is no way to timely upgrade attacks (excluding hacked decks) without such practice. If you choose not to not spend your simcash and wait or only buy one card that is your choice in the game.
If worried about losing power of president, my suggestion, when you have a good card in war store promote trusted mayor to vp, demote all others to senior or member. Leave the club, do what you need to do. Come back, have new president promote you to VP, they leave you become president. Done.
P.S. I can visit 5 other arenas and spend my simcash in 20 min. As you get higher, gold keys are really the limiting factor as much if not more than the cards themselves. Key take away: SAVE your keys.
Best of luck.
Message 6 of 19 (2,389 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@never2old2game 

You don’t need feeder(s) or leave your club for 3 days for shopping... you can move the president title to one of the loyal VP you trust (few years team-play must create enough trust and bond, I guess?) and come back. I understand your concern about war-napping and visit random possible hacker clubs, but everyone has the risk equal. (Unless the club owns shopping clubs, indeed this in an unfair advantage)

War card shopping isnt an unfair advantage that only limited players have, this is how the war store works for every single mayors and it’s up to you what you decide to do.

Paying real$ is unfair? Playing the game 3 hours a day is unfair? Camping at lv18 is unfair? Join a club is unfair? No, they are all legit fair play that everyone are allowed to do. Again, it’s about what you chose to do... I don’t laugh at players or think they are foolish that decided to not take those advantages. Everyone can play the game how they want to play(as long as it’s legit). I just wonder, why don’t they do it if they cry about it? 

A lot of unfair game-play or mechanism are addressed and fixed in the past. Having feeder(s), regional coin bug, high task loop in CoM, matched(or agreed) open wars. Not sure if the multiple booster bug is fixed but I haven’t seen it for a while.

It’s an easy fix for EA how the war store works (it’d even give them extra profit). But it’s been like this for a long long time, maybe because it’s already fair?

The clear rule is everyone have the ability to visit deferent arenas for card shopping without breaking any rules, regardless their club title. EA allows cards shopping. 

Maybe it’s better we get 3 randomly selected cards every 3 days, but arena won’t reset the price? You can only buy fixed amount every 3 days and the price always goes up even if you switch the club. (Or you meant this in your first post?)

It just increases the price than current system (more profit for EA!) but if some players feel fair with this way, I think it’s great. 

Message 7 of 19 (2,355 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Mikika214 

I disagree that this is a silly complaint.

What's silly in my opinion is that mayors need to waste their time (even just 20 minutes) joining and leaving clubs.

My request is this:

Instead of switching to five different clubs after each war, why not have our war store card selection change six times during the three days? Every 12 hours.

Earning and saving keys is very good advice.

I have been playing for awhile now though, so personally I am aware of their value.

On the plus side, both types of keys are now much easier to earn, given the fact they're now included in the Season Pass prizes.

Message 8 of 19 (2,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My request is this:

This doesn’t solve your complain. If you have randomly selected 3 cards every 12 hours and everything else (price increase, same set in each arena, the number of cards in each arena) remain the same, mayors still go to deferent arenas to buy cards cheaper when a card they want show up. They can visit 6 arenas every 12 hours (especially clubs who only war once a week or less) for shopping. Somehow this is fair than the current system for you...?

I thought your complain is you can buy more cards cheaper if you visit other clubs. You want to remove the advantage of 6 arena card shopping. 

To solve your complain, the price needs to goes up instead of resetting in each arena. And fixed amount of cards every 3 days. (Common for 120, rare for 60, legend for 30) No benefit for card shopping in deferent arenas with this way. 

So everyone have the same ability to buy the same amount of cards with the same price, which exactly how the current war store works. But it’ll be fair for those who doesn’t want to spend 20 mins for card shopping. 

I don’t think your complain is silly, but your request doesn’t add up with your complain. 

Message 9 of 19 (2,344 Views)

★ Expert

@never2old2game I understand your suggestion and believe it to be spot on and would certainly be fair to all parties. I certainly commend you and your club’s position on playing the game ethically and following your collective moral compass. I believe fair play is directly related to the intent of the game...the game is designed to purchase items from the Global Market or from the depot of a fellow club member...not to jump around to different mayors clubs and fleece their depots just to leave in 5 minutes, or meet with other clubs mayors in “open dead clubs” (satellite cities) to trade war items or have feeder cities and networks set up to feed their primary city and club. People know it’s not right, but they do it anyway..and call themselves legit. Not buying it for a minute.

I wouldn’t be concerned with these type of players berating you and your club...we know what they are. Eventually one day this behavior will find its way back to them...perhaps in the game, perhaps in life. The only concern is when they mislead new players that are trying to play fairly. These individuals are manipulating the game to gain an unfair advantage all the while complaining about cheaters/hackers. I believe they simply can not compete on a level playing field and are simply trying ti justify their questionable conduct.

I take exception to this mayor that shouts out “clear rules” and has multiple times referred to “deferent” cards & arenas -  I really didn’t realize that the game promoted “offensive, contemptuous, belittling, impudent, discourteous, uncivil, irreverent, insulting...disrespectful, abusive, depreciatory, demeaning” arenas & cards...seems to somewhat contradictory. Of course they have to leave their club...how else can they have their clandestine meetings with folks from different clubs with similar philosophies or join other unsuspecting clubs and raid their depots. Quite often these are start up clubs just trying to figure out how to play the game and are welcoming to stronger more experienced players just to have their war items taken and the mayor leave without participating in a war game. I proposed a good while back that a mayor should have to wait 7 days before they can return to a club once the leave...I believe that should minimize this activity.

Message 10 of 19 (2,321 Views)