WAR CHEATS! HELP

by jaredleto21

Original Post

Re: WAR CHEATS! HELP

★★★ Apprentice

Another war, another cheater...our current opponent used 19 energy in the first fifteen minutes.  We reported them and EA will do nothing like they have the last three times now.  What other options do we as honest players have?

So far our only option is to deliberately lose enough wars to get back to an area that isn't filled with cheaters.  And then that's not fair to those lower rank clubs.

Message 11 of 148 (4,964 Views)

★ Expert

Hi tttony1973,

If you get a chance check out the thread unjustly sent to cheater server (it’s 8 or 10 down) - this information tells me EA is taking this topic seriously. I honestly believe economic factors will dictate this issue be addressed. Keep reporting the cheaters they will meet their demise in due time.Hang in there.

Message 12 of 148 (4,958 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the kind words.  Our team is in protest this round...we aren't fighting them.  This limits the cards the cheats can get....no one will earn more than 4k.  Hurts us a little too, but I feel better knowing they are just as frustrated with US right now! 

EA is doing VERY LITTLE to address the problem.  I see a team that was reported three weeks ago still in the top 100.  What really needs to be done is to turn off wars until they can get their hands around the problem.

In any case...they'll get the message when long time players start a mass exodus.  

Message 13 of 148 (4,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Hi tttony1973

Was it the whole club, using 19 energy or only one player? I am wondering, if the club is aware of a player, who is doing that, if he/she is the only one?

And another question is, why doesn't EA ban those people? I personally don't want to buy war cards any more, if I know, that I'm going to play against cheater in any way, as soon as i reach top-100. 😏

PS: is it possible to see a list of a cheater teams? I know it's not alllowed to publish names, but maybe it's public somewhere? (Maybe that's why one of a top-10 Clubs is changing the name every 2 weeks?)
Message 14 of 148 (4,950 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It was one player...the rest of the club used the same Magnetism attack... as do all cheater clubs.

Message 15 of 148 (4,944 Views)

★ Guide
Hi tttony1973

We use magnetism almost always for the first attack as it brings the most points for the start energy , and it doesn't mean that we cheat. I am sure that many clubs do the same, but it doesn't mean, that they all cheat. Or do you mean this club was using it all the time?
Message 16 of 148 (4,941 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When 23 club members hit you for hours on end with nothing but Magnetism you can assume something is fishy.  And when they attack you using more energy than is possible to have at the outset of a war you KNOW they are cheating.  It's not possible to have 19 energy for one person at the beginning of a war.

Yes, it's a great attack...can you sustain an entire war with it?  I know I can't.  Can your entire club?

Message 17 of 148 (4,938 Views)

★ Expert

My personal take is EA is overwhelmed with the amount of cheating taking place from the simplest feeder cities to program hacks and don’t have sufficient resources in place yet to deal with it. They also have to deal with business and legal considerations when an accusation is made and have to conduct a thorough investigation to determine the merits (there are folks that scream cheating if they lose straight up) and once it is determined sufficient cause exists then they have to sort out the guilty from the innocent, I imagine it’s tedious and time consuming.

This game offers a healthy revenue stream with advertising, in game purchases and market penetration and they will take appropriate measures to protect that revenue stream. I really believe it’s only a matter of time...and it will be sooner than later.

Message 18 of 148 (4,938 Views)

★ Guide
@tttony1973
Of course not! We use it only for the first attack and I actually don't allow using magnetism to members, who have it below level 3. But as I wrote before (perhaps in a different topic), we still play against absolute beginners, so i prefer to collect the hydrants and save them for the strong clubs, when (if) we ever reach 1900.
Message 19 of 148 (4,939 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, do yourself a favor and stay out of the top 100.  It's riddled with problems!

Message 20 of 148 (4,924 Views)