Re: WAR CHEATS! HELPS

by Superpraesi

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Superpraesi 

I have some thoughts to add onto actually. Finally got the time to sit down and type them out. At first, I was shocked to know the extent players will go to level up their disasters. But on the retrospective, I think certain players are still without a doubt cheaters based on the type of disasters they had unlocked, which reveals a lot more about them than they know.

For one, almost all the cities that have only magnetism and Movie Monster unlocked till level 15 are incredibly shabby, with few pathetic buildings and low happiness. It is like the city is just created solely for war, to be exact, it’s a feeder city to make up the numbers needed to go into war. The laziness in the creation of the city is apparent, so I doubt the player will be that hardworking to hop around to refresh the war store.

And if he has lots of money to burn on wars, it’s strange that he didn’t bother to throw a bit more into building his city. The only reason not to do so: it’s just a feeder city. And what are the chances someone will use almost a thousand to level up the disasters of a feeder city? Very low, I think.

More often than not, these kind of cities will all strangely be on same team. What are the chances of five or more people, who have the exact same style of having dumps as their cities but have high level magnetisms and movie monsters, being in the same club? Too much of a coincidence, no? They are operated by one or two people, and they will need to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade the disasters of all the feeder cities. The probability of them hacking to level up is higher than paying thousands for a game that they do not care about (based on the fact they hardly bother to take care of their cities).

And oh yes, you are famous for your claims that shielding up is form of strategy. So I don’t see what’s the problem with us bringing this up.

And I found this cheater whose profile has a dead giveaway that she is a cheater. She had unlocked 5 regions with less than 10mil population. This clue cannot be refuted. Though sad to say, she is still out at large. It has been two months since I reported her. What’s up, EA?

BDABA5BD-7217-490D-B667-24CEC1309B19.jpeg

Message 121 of 148 (2,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I see some things different, but you seems to be person who is interested in a good discussion. I'll try to explain my point of view. Please keep in mind, English is not my mother language.

I have build up my city in the last 4 years. I have a fully upgraded capital city on level 96 with a population of 6.1 million. I have spend less than 10$ real cash in these 4 years. I have over 21 Million Simoleons by now. I have unlocked 4 regions only for getting the extra 20 storage room in each region. I have no intension to build up the regions any further. With this data it is nearly impossible to play CoM successfully, so I'm focused on playing the club wars.

Assuming I decide to start over with a new city (I have no intention to do it by now) I would not do the same mistakes again, I have done in my first city. Leveling up my new city too fast would be such a mistake. I would be focused in upgrading the city storage of my new city and nothing else. I would use my big city to bring up my new city very fast, with items, transfering simoleons and so on... In other words, not the new city would be the feeder city, but the big city would. When I reach a stage (easier with the help of my big city) where I have a small city with a big city storage, I would level up only as far, that I can do the CoM and the club wars.

Everything is easier with a smaller low level city, especially with the CoM. I have a teammate in my club who did it this way and now he is only playing with his new city, very successful in CoM and in war.

And now, assuming I'm getting insane and decide to spend a lot of money for such useless things like war cards, what do you think, wich city I would choose? Always the new one.

As I stated before I have unlocked 4 regions. By now I have only a population of 600 000 in my regions. First, I have build up my regions to a population of these 600 000, then I moved some special buildings from my capital city to my regions. That has given me a big population boost. After I have reached the limit needed for the 4th region I have unlocked it. Then I have moved my special building back to my capital city. Am I a cheater, now?

You were shocked to know the extent players will go to level up their disasters. You would be even more shocked if you would get the knowledge what players also do to get advantage in war and in CoM, without using any hacker tools and having the risk of getting banned. That's just the tip of the iceberg. The "strategy" is not the problem of this game.

Message 122 of 148 (2,667 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hi all!
I'd like to share my 2 cents in this interesting discussion.
My position is in the middle: something superpraesi said is correct, as some other things by J6niceL and PinnacleValley are correct too.
What I can't share, superpraesi, is refusing the fact that there's a lot of cheaters in this game.
As I told in some previous post, I have an experience as a game operator in an other strategy game. I'm not repeating to be arrogant, like a God of RTS games, 'cause I think I'm not a God. I simply am a player who like to play analizing the game trying to find the better and fair ways to be successful. This passat experience as a g.o. just opened my eyes on how different can be game providers point of view from player point of view.
Online games could have 2 kind of problems: exploits by unfair players problems and gameplay problems. The first ones are a main issue for a provider, as an exploit means a direct loosing of money: players uses exploits to bypass things that would require real cash to be unlocked (or a lot of time playing). Gameplay problems are somehow important too: if a gameplay is not well calibrated, players become bored in the long time, until they leave the game that would mean loosing money too, but a provider has lot of time to resolve it, so that these problems are somehow secondary compared to the exploits problem.
About wars, 3 problems seems to exist: duplicating items problem, improving cards problem and bubble problem.
The bubble problem is a gameplay one. Noisy, boring, but absolutely legit. You can like it or dislike it, but at the end it is a strategy. There has been lot of purposes for how to improve and change this gameplay issue (IMO the best one would be to cut some war period, as told on another J6niceL thread). Players using this strategy are not violating any term of the EULA (user agreement), and for this reason we can't technically call them unfair players (we could discuss about the ethic question and we already did lot of times, so let's not repeat it now and let's stay on the technical question). We can just hope EA will someday improve it, otherwise we have to accept it or leave the game.

Duplicating items and improving cards are a different question, as it seems both are kind of exploits, forbidden by EULA (see 6.16), but it's not so simple to prove it.
The duplicating items question is very complicated. Technically, in this procedure you only take advantage of a problem of synchronization. Is it enough to consider it an exploit? Ethically, of course is it. But to ban a player a provider gotta demonstrate that player cheated, otherwise that player could open a lawsuit and even worse win it, and that's a thing really hated by providers. The situation shows that maybe it's very difficult: russian clubs are using this procedure from longtime ago, and only few players seems to have been punished. The worrying thing is that now lot of clubs from the rest of the world have learned and uses this procedure too, that's very frustratingFrown

To improve a card you can buy it from the war store. If you change club, entering a new one from a different arena, the war store refreshes, offering new cards to buy. Until here it seems a questionable but legit thing, but there's some limits. Let's take the Movie Monster as example. Let's say you got it at lvl10, and you want to improve it to lvl15. 1600 cards needed. It's a legendary attack, so war store offers a 5 cards pack. Assuming that changing arena you'll find the same cards offered, you'll have to change club for 320 times!!!! -good luck!-
Second and more important limit: the first card offered costs 120 simcash, and the price increases after every purchase (but I don't know each price, as I just bought some common cards, never legendary ones), so to buy 1600 cards you need more than 192000 simcash. Where do you find all that simcash? If you always win megalopolis COM, win all wars and get simcash at every ads (utopia), you'll get less than 3000 simcash weekly, and with 3000 simcash you'll need 192000/3000=64 weeks!!! Will you buy simcash? that's about 2500€ (or 2800USD); in this case EA and every one who plays for free -like me- must be thankful, as that's the way to give long life to the game.
Oh, you'll need a lot of golden keys too, but let's ignore this matter.
Even if questionable, all this procedure doesn't seems to violate any terms of EULA. But if you don't buy simcash this is not a fast procedure for sure, is it? So the only other way to accelerate it is to somehow get lot of simcash for free with some kind of exploit, and that's violating EULA terms for sure.

What more to say? Long life to fair players!
Message 123 of 148 (2,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Superpraesi 

I get it that there’s a possibility that the examples highlighted may not cheaters, but the chances of them being cheaters are higher since the methods you had mentioned still require certain amount of efforts. And I doubt that the countless of players with dubious stats are all employing the methods you had mentioned.

I hope EA will not assume that it is possible to achieve those stats, thus deciding not to probe carefully through the data of the reported mayors. This will cause club wars to become wild wild west where cheaters, who are getting away with it, will be as abundant as the sand on the beach.

I had personally encountered cheater banned by EA. One became a pile of rubble halfway through war, and EA had confirmed that that person is a cheater in their reply to me. See picture below.

Another encounter: this team, made up of 3 low level cities with high level disasters and other cities with terrible stats in everything, has a couple of clone clubs where all have those three special members in them. After I reported them, the clubs vanished into thin air.

Recently, I fought a team from China, which is basically a two-men show. Two has very high level of magnetism and Movie Monster while the rest are inactive cities with zero population or less than 1k pop. I don’t like how they play the game, plus the fact that their stats are way too suspicious, so I wrote on my city description that I would report them to EA. Guess what, those two only active guys disappeared from the club after that. They are not in their clone clubs either. My guess is they abandoned the club out of fear. Guilty conscience, maybe? By the way, we won that fight, but it was painful to fight them.

I had reported quite a number of clubs, but since no action had been done on them, meaning EA did not find them guilty, I should not mention them here.

D86E2897-23B8-4B16-934F-2EF32BF18E0A.jpeg

Message 124 of 148 (2,541 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My impression is, that the amount of real cheater (that cheater who uses some hacker tool to mod the game) become less and less, because EA is doing something against them, while same time the amount of players increases, who are organized in a big network of clubs to generate war cash, items and higher level disaster.

When we are playing a war and the opponent team is hitting us with tons of magnetism attacks and using lots of costly booster, I can see the following again and again:
As soon as the war is over all opponent player, except the president, leave the club and join other clubs with lower rank. Now they can play as many wars as necessary to replenish their arsenal of war items and war cash. After some days (maybe weeks) you can see the main club is refilled with players, partly with same players that have played against us and partly with other players. That way they are optimal prepared for the next war with their main club.

It even goes so far, that two new clubs were created, which are filled with players from the network, and then each start a war at the same time to play against each other. Only to generate lots of points to upgrade their disasters and to change items into magnetism and movie monster items. And all without any risk of getting banned.

Message 125 of 148 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Superpraesi, there's no need of any hacker tool to cheat. But to use some kind of procedures clearly means cheating, 'cause you're exploiting a bug of the game. And while improving cards changing arena can be considered legit (at least if you get simcash in a legit way), to duplicate items is absolutely exploiting a bug. So it means cheating, as is forbidden by EULA.

Joining lower clubs is surely a way to get some extra cards and/or war items, but don't get dazzled by it: in lower arenas, if you don't match another club with same target (getting items & cards), almost no one will attack you. So you'll be only wasting war items you collected. Of course you'll get simcash and war-simoleons. Even if you match another right club, you'll be attacked and will collect war items, but some of that items will have to be used to attack and collect chests. And even if in lower arenas chests are easier to get, you'll have to attack several times to get golden ones. And chest's prize are random: could be simoleons, could be a power-up, could be cards. And there's 22 kinds of cards. That means the prospect to get magnet or MM cards is not so high.

I know a lot of clubs using this strategy to improve, and somehow it works, you'll surely collect simcash, war-simoleons, items and cards easely than fighting with your main club in a meaningful war. But neither this strategy can explain how easely you find out players with magnet & MM lvl 15 using its for 40 to 50 times/war, as neither this strategy justifies a growth so fast. That's what the complain is about.

Message 126 of 148 (2,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I absolutely agree, that duplication of items is cheating too. But afaik the hole, that you can duplicate items this easy way, has been closed some time ago. But my information could be also outdated or wrong.
But regardless of whether that's right or wrong, I wanted to talk about the number of real cheaters. Your phrase "cheating, as is forbidden by EULA" seems to be much better.

The clubs, that have joined together to a network, are often playing in the same arena. They are not starting over in arena one, where of course not enough action take place.
The strategy I have mentioned in my last post should not be an explanation of the high level cards, but should be a reply to j6niceL's experience with the Chinese team.
A fast growth of the city is not wanted by an advanced player, it is counter productive. Or what do you mean with "... as neither this strategy justifies a growth so fast." ?

I wonder where you can see the countless players with movie monster lvl 15. Our club is playing 2 wars a week on a war rank between 200 and 800 and I have seen only one city with MM lvl 15 and this was several months ago. And when I search for some clubs from the Top 20, the max MM level I can see is lvl 10. Some have magnetism lvl 15, but this is exactly what I would expect in the Top 20. Some players have bought disaster cards like crazy. That could be exactly these players. And also in the Top 20 I can see some clubs that have only one member left.

Message 127 of 148 (2,441 Views)

Re: WAR CHEATS! HELP

★ Novice

I just formed a new club. Our very first war has just started. Our first opponents have 11 players, 7 of whom were ranked war level 1-3. BUT THEY HAVE magnetism and movie monster cards at LEVEL 15. A friend and I compared their cities. They have obviously cloned themselves- their city size, population, contest rank, war rank and war card type and level are in some cases identical. And mostly showing war rank 1.

I've told my new club members, most of whom are very inexperienced, just to repair their cities. I mean how do you fight a team with 11 players that have a magnetism card ranked 7-15.

Such a bad experience for a new team.

CleoneTown 

Message 128 of 148 (2,336 Views)

★ Novice
We're a new team playing our first war. Some of our opponents are war rank 1, and war card level FIFTEEN. And most of the cities are almost or totally identical. That's got to be cheating. Tho' I must admit I don't understand why they bother. Tough for our beginner players!
Message 129 of 148 (2,338 Views)

★ Expert

Hi CleoneTown,

It certainly is suspicious and well worth reporting through the in game help section under report a player...just report the club. Eventually EA’s representatives will investigate and based on their findings will take appropriate actions, but you have to report them. Sharing here is great and encouraged, but nothing happens without a ticket...sorry you had to experience that in your team’s 1st war game, hopefully it wii get better...

i’ve taken a week or so to consider how I want to address the conversation between J6NiceL, Superpraesi, Meesfeet and myself...first thank you J6NiceL for providing the proof of cheating that contradicted what Superpraesi stated, however reading his post to you I learned that English is a 2nd language (most impressive by the way, excellent communication talent and honestly I was surprised) and I think what he was trying to say was prove rather than proof which completely changes the context and also explains why he missed the subtle innuendos I have offered. Don’t get me wrong, that does not get him off the hook for not explaining why you projected that Fantastix and German Mayor were wrong (they were not) and certainly for the enthusiastic support of the “strategy” (why do I call it that...because it’s shorter than the 15 words that describes it, mainly adjectives) but now I understand...you have never experienced putting the pads on and going into battle with 21+ brothers where you sweat, and bleed and spit out the grass and the mud and when all is said an done you look your opponent in the eye, offering your right hand and thank him for bringing his best and bringing out yours. Or left the pads at home and played real men’s football like my friends down under...simple shout out to my Roos brothers!

Superpraesi, my best guess is perhaps you participated in the beautiful game where probing is key and laying on the grass for 2 minutes after being barely bumped is common place...no offense I know it’s the world’s most popular game and I appreciate the greatness of the athletes, but come on some of these demonstrations are Oscar worthy...slap a yellow card on them and it will take care of it real quick, after all they’re begging for one. My point is playing keep away is a part of the game and honestly (in the immortal words of Lewis Grizzard) I’d rather watch 2 mules fight over a turnip (wait that use to be an Ohio State - Michigan football game)...my point is simple if you have never been a competitor (a real competitor) you will never understand and begin to appreciate my level of disdain and disgust...

Meesfeet, I do appreciate your technical insight and wealth of knowledge but as often is the case many technical folks tend to overlook the real big picture item Customer Satisfaction...without this regardless how technically sound the product is or how well made it is or how economically it can be provided to the customer they will shop elsewhere...a very valuable lesson our friends at EA should consider.

I appreciate the input each of you guys offer and though I may take exception to some (Superpraesi) I still learn something or get amused or get miffed but that’s good....keep sharing, it’s all in good fun and is certainly very different from these folks that come in asking really dumb questions where someone writes a one sentence simple answer that you find on a cereal box and gets awarded a solution and hundreds of xp’s and the writer gets a dozen (ok, I exaggerate) seems mighty suspicious -  are folks really that pathetic? I just shake my head...I’ll save that for another day. Take care.

Message 130 of 148 (2,970 Views)