Re: WAR CHEATS! HELP

by jackielapham

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Hey Pinnacle, 

Firstly, sorry for waking you from your slumber. I wonder if I was able to do the same to EA? Somehow I doubt it unfortunately.

Secondly, I would like to address your "economics dictates it" comment.

The real disgrace here is that economics will not dictate a change in EA's attitude towards this problem whilst they continue to fraudulently (well, perhaps not fraudulently but certainly by mis-representation) continue to sell war upgrades per Jackie's example above. In-game purchases and advertising revenue continue to flow into EA's coffers from Simcity. There are still thousands and thousands of players who can potentially buy these upgrades. EA have not warned the playing community directly that the war game is fundamentally compromised. If they had any conscience they would pull the war game immediately until it's fixed. But they haven't. This is wrong. Very wrong. Mai is just the mod of this forum, he does his job well - he's quick to edit my "difficult to read characters" (haha) and edit my already obscured swearing on another thread (even more haha), but he's not, obviously, an EA employee who can make any changes to the game or personally deal with cheaters, so I'm afraid any mollifying from him, is just that. EA have to actually start showing that they are addressing the problem. The words of a forum mod, sorry Mai, are not evidence of any real action. 

Message 51 of 148 (3,589 Views)

★ Apprentice

For you guys who so kindly respond to my posts....Thank You.  Can I ask you a question?  When I posted the name of the cheating team here in the forum, is that the same thing as “reporting” the cheaters?  Or do I need to do that elsewhere?  I’m just wanting to be sure EA has the information they need to fix this. The cheating team needs to be removed so that we do not see them online again. Only then will I feel the problem is being addressed, so that I can buy war packs again.

Message 52 of 148 (3,552 Views)

★ Expert
Hi Jackielapham,

Actually posting the name in the forum is considered naming and shaming and can be an issue because on occasion innocent folks are accused when they’ve done nothing wrong (some folks just don’t know how to deal with a loss) and in the forum guidelines EA has stated no naming or shaming as a rule. The proper way to report a suspected cheater is through the in game help section - there is a selection for report a player and that will take you there.
Please don’t hesitate for a second to report the player or club - and to share with us in the forum your thoughts...we just can’t mention their name. Good luck, hope you never encounter another cheater.
Message 53 of 148 (3,537 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

But yet you use Feeder cities yourself.  Practice what you preach

Message 54 of 148 (3,528 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Looks Legitimate to me. I believe is best you join a club that is more skilled in WAR.
Message 55 of 148 (3,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just finished a war against cheats. Complained to EA but nothing they are sitting in 29th place I do not think EA can do anything the whole thing seems pointless to me.

Message 56 of 148 (3,479 Views)

★ Expert

Hi joeleynon,

Give it a couple of weeks and see if they’re still there. I suspect EA will investigate to determine if the accusation has merit and will take appropriate action once confirmed, unfortunately the process takes time. Please let us know if they keep hanging around or disappear from the Top 100. Take care.

Message 57 of 148 (3,472 Views)

★★ Novice

I have used the strategy to rebuild to 9 and stay in bubble till my energy rebuilds. Is that seen as “cheating”?

Message 58 of 148 (3,431 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Absolutely not spankie...that's called using your brain Standard smile

Message 59 of 148 (3,429 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bubbling up when you have the slightest of leads with 18+ hours to go would be considered cheating..mostly as it's not fun for anyone involved. 

Bubbling up as a tactic in the closing hours of a well fought war is much less frowned upon.

Message 60 of 148 (3,627 Views)