Re: Video Ads and In-Game Purchases

by never2old2game

Original Post

Video Ads and In-Game Purchases

Hero

Last week I made my very first in-game purchase, which was the European Classics Pass. It was all good, everything went smoothly, and I got the cute buildings (which were the really the only reason for the purchase). However, the moment the transaction was complete, I lost my factory ads.

Now, I sort of expected it after seeing other players report on various parts of the game missing video ads after making a purchase. However, factory ads are the one thing I heavily relied on, especially when competing in the Contest of Mayors. I understand that this is by design, hence there are so many players with the same problem.

However, is there a chance that Video Ads be enabled for all players, even after making purchases? I know ads can sometimes be annoying, especially in other games. However, they were optional in SimCity and hugely helpful. I hope that there are enough players who wish to get them back so the game is one day updated to always have them.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 7 (482 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mate54 

I do agree with you, especially considering the fact that competition in CoM, Mayor's Pass, and Wars have all become increasingly competitive in SimCity BuildIt.

If watching ads is an option to speed up factories for one, (I've personally never had that option in eight years of gameplay), the option should be made available to all. Paying players should not be "penalized".

I appreciate your post.

Thank you.

✌🏻 

Message 2 of 7 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@never2old2game It is indeed optional. They come in 2 variations:
- You either see the SimCash button (under production slots) replaced with a video button
- Or you are offered to watch a video complete that particular factory once you click off the factory.

These two options usually swap randomly as you play, although you can influence the game to show the one you need.

Either way, players are not forced into an Ad that they have to wait to finish.

Message 3 of 7 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@mate54 

Yes, of course I've always had the option to speed up production with simcash (as all players have), but I have never had the option to watch a video to speed up factory production. Not cool.

*I have read quite frequently that f2p players are offered the two other options you're speaking of though.

Message 4 of 7 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@mate54 

I must admit, I am very grateful for the ability to watch a video ads to speed up change of building plans, Vu Disaster repair changes, and War damage repair changes though.👍🏻

Message 5 of 7 (448 Views)

Hero
@never2old2game Yes, most parts of the game still show me ads, and I often use them to refresh building plans.

However, I seem to have lost war delivery ads too, and 20 SimCash is now the only button when trying to get a new delivery.

Message 6 of 7 (435 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mate54 

I don't have the option to watch ads after I click ❌️ to eliminate a particular war item I don't need and move on to the next when doing war deliveries either. Paying simcash, or waiting patiently (or maybe not so patiently, lol) are my only options. Bummer😪

Message 7 of 7 (426 Views)