Re: Various Stages of the relationship with Club Wars

by F1emeth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Various Stages of the relationship with Club Wars

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

1st Stage: Interest. The introduction of a new game-changing feature such as club wars perked our interest, and we got all eager to check it out.

2nd Stage: Excitement. The level of interactivity between mayors is ramped up by this feature. We love playing wars together that foster a sense of brotherhood  or sisterhood with each other.

3rd Stage: Devotion. We know that devoting some time to the game and gathering active players will help us to win wars, and so we do just that.

4th Stage: Shock. Eventually, we will meet with our first defeat, which is shocking.

5th Stage: Acceptance. With more defeats, we come to accept that sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

6th Stage: Disappointment. When we build up our team to a strong one and are equipped with decent attacks, we find that this is not enough to win because teams often use hiding method to score cheap wins.

7th Stage: Frustration. We try to win these kind of teams, but it is useless. Repeated calls to EA to resolve this issue fall on deaf ears.

8th Stage: Hopelessness. Wars are getting boring since we are staring at shields most of the time. And we know nothing is going to change.

9th Stage: Disinterest. It seems pointless to put in efforts to play club wars. It is impossible to win a team that tries to hide to win in the first place. Losing to teams that hide is the new normal. Going down the table and fighting weaker teams hardly requires much effort to win. There is no joy in winning, and no anger in losing. And with opponents hiding, it is difficult to get more war chests—the biggest draw of club wars. So where is the source of motivation to continue playing?

10th Stage: Abandonment. Quit playing club wars is eventual due to the disinterest. When every mayor in the club reaches the 9th Stage, this will happen.

Message 1 of 10 (1,899 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Expert

Very well stated my friend...

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,862 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

Very well stated my friend...

Message 2 of 10 (1,863 Views)

★ Apprentice

Seems like an easy fix to me. If your club is behind in score, and the other team is shielded... try to negotiate an open war. You will concede the win, but gain your chests.. Just a thought. Plenty of ways to negotiate an open war. Use the "description" area to negotiate, advertise your discord id, Line ID etc. Not that hard in my opinion. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,845 Views)

★★ Guide

We are ahead in scores most of the time. So what’s there to negotiate when the opponents clearly wants to secure a win through hide and hit method? They are the weaker team, will they dare to come out based on our words about open war?

Message 4 of 10 (1,834 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you negotiate a lead... say 100k points, how could they? Talk to the pres and have their team un-shield, establish that points lead, then you guys come out a few at a time, get your hits in, have the other team repair on an active jackpot. It's not rocket science. I do this all the time. Maybe it's more difficult in arenas 1-4. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,831 Views)

★★ Guide

We are at stage 5. It is not possible to get 100k lead from a 10 member club, especially when they use dud on our attacks.

Message 6 of 10 (1,810 Views)

★★ Novice

Everything DillyDilly states is actually very possible, at least in Arena 5. I’m not a Club president but I am in a very active CoM and War Club that would rather lose an active War than win an inactive one. Since we are large (22-25 members) with members all over the world (in all time zones), we are inevitably the much larger Club staring at umbrellas for the 1st hour and domes for the next 36 unless we’ve planned an open war. Almost every time a small, aggressive Club has managed to grab a solid lead, our president finds a way to connect with their president and work out terms so we can all have fun while they take the win (assuming they continue to earn it).

Message 7 of 10 (1,744 Views)

★ Expert

What you are sharing is correct and I praise the initiative and creativity shown by this action. But it takes me to one simple question - why should you have to ask someone to participate in what they signed up for? The question is not from the club perspective (that answer is simple) but from the game itself. Perhaps it’s due to poor design, poor planning, poor implementation, poor execution, poor followup, poor performance, poor response, poor attitudes...just recognized poor is a 4 letter word often preceded by another one which is how I would rate EA’s performance in dealing with this and many of their other issues which extends beyond in game opportunities. 

Perhaps someone, anyone within the organization should consider this before you ask “what happened”? Just a thought.

Message 8 of 10 (1,731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PinnacleValley 

Well-said.

Aren’t we supposed to do any best in wars? Why do we have to negotiate with opponents and compromise accordingly to be able to continue fighting?

Why do we need to talk to those unscrupulous teams? I have no interest in talking to them.

The system is broken like you had stated.

Message 9 of 10 (1,691 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually, 100% agreement with you. I have this conversation with Club members all the time who play mainly for War now. This completely befuddles me. Why play this when there are literally hundreds of dedicated gaming apps with better war mechanics than this one?!? Better strategic elements; better weapons; better base building; better communications (chat) between Clubmates; better matchup algorithms; better war rewards. They usually say a combination of ‘They’ve already invested time here’, ‘They like their Clubmates’, ‘They don’t want to take the time to learn a new game’, etc.

The proliferation of Discord-based Open Wars has helped a lot and every week at the end of CoM our Rank 5, 25-member Club becomes a ghost town for 2 days as everyone goes to lower leagues to do Open Wars for better prizes. The more Open Wars people do, the higher the likelihood someone in your Club will have done an Open War with someone on the opposing team, leading to even more Open Wars. Unfortunately, small, aggressive teams still usually win these wars as there just aren’t enough targets to satisfy a hungry, large Club.

Message 10 of 10 (1,441 Views)